New TV!

cruiser647

Looking good

Must be a big change - I remember when we went from a 32" CRT Sony to a 50" Plasma, it was life changing

On that note, we get the 50" back on Sat after being in repair throughout the whole world cup

Looking at the 3D Samsung LED TV now but £££ is a lot :(

One thing, I'm quite old fashioned in this but I still feel speakers on devices like yours (is it a dvd player?) can cause damage to components

As I said, I'm quite old fashioned and I'm sure everything is shielded correctly but still...

Next .. sky hd?

One thing, I'm quite old fashioned in this but I still feel speakers on devices like yours (is it a dvd player?) can cause damage to components

As I said, I'm quite old fashioned and I'm sure everything is shielded correctly but still...

Next .. sky hd?

The speaker isn't connected, and was for the old TV. Just haven't got round to removing it.

I will not be buying Sky. Might get a Freesat HD box, but I detest the thought of paying £40+ a month for dross and repeats. Freeview has enough of them, but that's free.

Do let me know if you are interested one day

I actually work for Sky and we do get some good deals for friends and family

The better of them has just finished which was 1 year sky 1/2 price for the full package if I remember correctly (+free HD box)

I'd have to hide those cables a bit better, it'd annoy the hell out of me, I can't have visible cables, it drives me insane!

Bloody hell. If I post a picture of our TV corner you'll have a cardiac arrest.:roflmao:

TV, router, another router, DVD, PS3, Nintendo Wii, sound system thingy for the TV, Sky HD, digital photo thingy, DSi charger, iPad charger, iPhone charger, Macbook charger, laptop charger - and thats all I can see from here and I gave up trying to organise them long ago.

Edited by MrMe

Probably!

Will be getting the lounge re-wired just so I can have plugs behind the TV cabinet, as the single extension lead that goes from the plug to behind the cabinet bugs me, and all the cables behind the tv are neatly cable tied in place so they go down behind the stand bit and you can't see them.

The TV in the bedroom has holes drilled into the chimney (obviously don't use the chimney) and the cables fed through and out the side into a cupboard, as I just couldn't live with the wires being on show, bit of an arse to have the cupboard door open to change channels on the freesat box, or use the dvd player though.

We're going to re-plaster the living room soon but basically before that, all the speaker cables will be wired up

as will the HDMI cables, and everything else all into the wall

Then plaster on top with the tv mounted on the wall

Been watching afew projects online and it seems this is the way to do it as long as you're 1000000% sure all the cables work because once they're behind the wall..

Do let me know if you are interested one day

I actually work for Sky and we do get some good deals for friends and family

The better of them has just finished which was 1 year sky 1/2 price for the full package if I remember correctly (+free HD box)

Now, let me remove my foot from my mouth....... :o:roflmao::roflmao:

I'd have to hide those cables a bit better, it'd annoy the hell out of me, I can't have visible cables, it drives me insane!

I am sure there is a medical name for your condition Tipex. A few bods I know have that - they usually have the tidiest desks at work too.

There used to be someone on here who would have a fit if the air freshener on his dashboard wasn't precisely in the centre.

I once had a cuddly toy of my daughters on the left side of my dashboard. He was driving in front of me, stopped, and asked if I could put it in the middle because he couldn't concentrate when he looked in his rear view mirror.

I'm not joking either, and neither was he.:roflmao: