mmi update cd/dvd's

muppetboy12

:mad:hi

went to local audi dealer to day to order update disks and was told the could not sell me cause of european rules and they are a tool !!

also said tht i needed to pay £ 160.00 for them to do as was too complex for muggles and i would break it. it also needs to be registered for the car on the audi database around the world that its been done, when asked why they could not answer.

this sound like a con ?

Cheers

M

What a complete load of Bo**oc*s, tell the parts manager that he needs to wake up and look on e-bay. £160.00 when you can clearly buy them for less than £30.00 from a decent Audi Dealer, and not that shower of shi*te you went to.

But he has contradicted himself buy saying he cant sell them to you as they are a tool, but then wants £160.00!!!!! i would report him to Audi head office at Milton Keynes.

:mad:hi

went to local audi dealer to day to order update disks and was told the could not sell me cause of european rules and they are a tool !!

also said tht i needed to pay £ 160.00 for them to do as was too complex for muggles and i would break it. it also needs to be registered for the car on the audi database around the world that its been done, when asked why they could not answer.

this sound like a con ?

Cheers

M

Actually the parts manager is correct, they are officially for internal use only. Hence why they are so cheap at around £1.80 per disk and are only supposed to be applied with an SVM code so that the GEKO database in germany is updated with your current SW version and your warranty is intact.

It depends on the parts department wether they want to sell you them or not.

thanks for folks for your help

A:)

Am in desperate need to update my MMI. I have 2120 and want to go upto 5570 i guess is the highest at the moment. I bought the cd's MMI high already on E-bay but looking for a competent person to do it for me as i don't want to take any risk. I live in milton keynes.:)

Am in desperate need to update my MMI. I have 2120 and want to go upto 5570 i guess is the highest at the moment. I bought the cd's MMI high already on E-bay but looking for a competent person to do it for me as i don't want to take any risk. I live in milton keynes.:)

Just joined today as I was searching for help on my A6 so I owe you guys.

I upgraded both the SatNav and Car SW recently. The SatNav is 'stick it in the DVD and go get a cup of tea'.

The SW discs go into the CD player; can't remember the SW version but 5000 something rings a bell, took three updates before all was updated; has to be done in stages.

The instructions I got were very clear and all I can suggest is, give yourself an hour and a half.

It is incredibly slow and looks like nothing is happening, just follow the instructions and do not think it has failed and stop it, leave it chugging away.

At first I thought it had done nothing when it had finished but after tinkering I found the MMI is much easier to use, a lot of short cuts to menus which on a bad day could never be found and the SatNav has a few additional menus etc. Nothing brilliant but my 2005 is now a 2008 as far as SW, SatNav goes. Oh, when it's off you get a clock displayed instead of blank screen.

All for the whacking great cost of 2hrs of my life, 40quid for the SatNav and 20 for the SW (eBay).

It's the only easy 'cheap' thing you can do on a modern Audi I believe.

I work with SW as a job so it doesn't scare me and I see no reason for any headaches. I have heard of nightmare scenarios but when you dig you find the SW was not genuine and downloaded from some Mickey Mouse Website, hardly surprising it kills your car. Genuine is not a problem...look at the IDIOTS who work for Audi, they seem capable!!!!

I was told by an Audi 'Expert' my car had an electrical overload causing it to run badly. A local mechanic found blocked EGR and one injector running rough. Cleaned the EGR, few bottles of injector cleaner and it's fine again. Audi just plug a computer in and 'Computer says NO' pops up. Muppets.

I use VAGCOM and it showed an electrical fault, the regulator had an intermittent blip four years ago. MUPPETS.

Rant over, hope this puts your mind at rest or maybe I've caused more distortion?