[Audi A3/S3] S-Tronic or Bucket Seats?

jayc89

What should I get with my new S3?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What should I get with my new S3?

• Bucket Seats
    • S-Tronic Gearbox

Hi guys,

I'm about to go and order my Audi S3 Black Edition and can afford around 2k of extras on top. The dilemma I have is should I spend that on Bucket Seats or S-Tronic gearbox?

I have similar bucket seats in my current car so I know how good they are, but I quite fancy the flappy paddle gearbox too.

What do you guys think?

Agree with Burble 100%, make sure you really want a DSG as it does tend to be marmite. I personally love it but found it very difficult to decide when I ordered.

I've also got the bucket seats which are very similar to the ones in the S3 and those are really good as well but S-Tronic over the seats IMO but only you can decide.

Very true, no point spending money for the sake of it! However I was meaning I want both S-Tronic and Bucket Seats but can only afford about 2k on top of the standard car ;)

I'd test drive an A3/S3 with S-Tronic and if it suits your driving style then go for that.

When the RS4 came out in 2005 there was also lots of debate about buckets vs. Recaros, but in the end it comes down to what works for you and your family. If you and your family need rear legroom and comfort more than you need seats that are better if you "drive it like you stole it" then avoid the buckets.