MET Parking Services

A8_Tony

Ok guys, someone here will know about these people, I'm sure.

Recently visited a McDonalds in Neasden Lane, North London.

Having travelled down for a meeting and got there in plenty of time, I set up shop, and settled in to carry out some work for a couple of hours before going the last couple of miles for the meeting.

Anyhoo, I ended up staying there, and this week my company got a letter from MET Parking Services telling them that I'd stayed longer than the allotted 75 minutes.

Now, having checked (Google Streetmaps is awesome) the entrance, I did not see any signs that informed me of the time limit for parking, and didn't see any within the car park itself.

So these [email protected] are wanting £50 off me in 14 days, or £100 after that, then if I continue to fail to pay, they'll take me to court (so they say).

So, has anyone got any advice for dealing with these knobbers!?!?!??

Ignore it, they need to prove who was driving the car, and they have no way of doing so, and you are under no obligation to tell a private company anything whatsoever.

In the (Extremely) unlikely event they were to pursue it to court, they wouldn't get anywhere anyway.

I had exactly the same problem. As you have received a "Parking Charge notice" this is an invoice and not a penalty. The contract is between the driver of the vehicle and not the registerd owner. It is up to the company to prove that you were the driver.

The best thing you can do is ignore it, and under no circumstance reply to the company, as they will then have you on the hook and will not leave you alone. Have a look at this web site and read my thread of a similar incident. You will get letters from Solicitors and Bailiff's saying we will take you to court and take everything you own. All they are doing is praying on the weak and inocent (bully Boy tackticks) If it ever went to court (highly unlikely) the Judge would ask you to pay the amount owing to the parking company, this would equate to the money you would have paid for the time you were in the carpark and not the penalty. You will notice that they will send letters that are posted via standard post and not recorded (aas this costs them money) Ignorance is bliss in this case and you can easily deny that the letters did not get to you, or even state that you thorght they were spamming letters and threw them in the bin with all the others.

I love getting these letters, as all they are doing is waisting their own time and paper.

Got this at a Sainsburys Carpark, any advice? - FightBack Forums

The company gave up sending threatening letters a few months ago.

Edited by Cockney Boy

• 5 months later...

They cant legally call you, as any legal correspondence must be in writing. Just ignore the letters no matter how threatening they get. remember if they threaten you with CCJ's just rememebr that only Court Judges can issue them. And you must be in attendance to receive it.

Just had my fourth letter from MET.Is there one more to come before the phone call begin?

Mind you, I only have a mobile so,interesting to see if they get hold of my number!

They cant legally call you, as any legal correspondence must be in writing. Just ignore the letters no matter how threatening they get. remember if they threaten you with CCJ's just rememebr that only Court Judges can issue them. And you must be in attendance to receive it.

I don't know much about the rest of it, but a county court judge is perfectly able to issue a CCJ in your absence. He has little alternative if you don't turn up or communicate when issued a summons. If you receive a court summons, DO NOT ignore it.