nurburgring

darrenjoe90

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tries the ringhaus ? Closest Hotel to the 'ring entrance, they'll rent you something more track focussed than an A8 too ;) Cheap too. Info here > Ringhaus - Altes Forsthaus St. Hubertus at Nurburgring

If you want something s****ier, google the Dorint at Nurburgring, great place.

Alternatively, Ben Lovejoy's site has more suggestions > Nurburgring - where to stay

Have fun +++

Just been down there at end of June.

Normally stay in ther Dorint but it was fully booked duye to Super League racing that weekend - ended up staying in Sabines parents hotel in Nurburg (excellent restuarant as well) 3 nights worked out at 260 euros (Hotel am Tiergarten Nürburg am Nürburgring)

Also for hiring cars try RSR (Home of 'ring rentals and instruction)

have fun and keep the shiney side up :)

1 lap is 22 Euros. 4 laps is 75 Euros, etc.

Buy laps at the main entrance - they get put onto a "Ring Card". Any laps you don't use can't be refunded. You can pay for this by credit card.

If you want to buy food or drinks in the retaurant at the gate, you need a Ring Card - get this one separately to your lap card. Any money you don't use on this will be refunded. Take cash for this card.

Sounds like a weird system, but it just works +++

1 lap is 22 Euros. 4 laps is 75 Euros, etc.

Buy laps at the main entrance - they get put onto a "Ring Card". Any laps you don't use can't be refunded. You can pay for this by credit card.

If you want to buy food or drinks in the retaurant at the gate, you need a Ring Card - get this one separately to your lap card. Any money you don't use on this will be refunded. Take cash for this card.

Sounds like a weird system, but it just works +++

No it doesn't, it's an utterly sh1t system, designed to make it as difficult as possible for anyone to go anywhere else and spend their money, and then hopefully keep any money they don't get refunded off their card.

I mean, seriously, what's the point of having to change real money, for nurburgring 'credits' then change them back again at the end of the day, what's wrong with real money?

Personally, I think Nurburgring GMBH are slowly realising their days will be numbered soon, there are already sections with mandatory speed limits on now (not that anyone takes any notice), and it won't be long before the Eurocrats get there way and the whole thing is governed by speed limits/cameras, so I think they are having one last swansong, and ripping off as many people as possible before it's all over.

Your incorrect about being refunded for laps too, as when you buy laps, all your doing is crediting your card with the value of the laps, you use the same card to credit with money for food too, so at the end of the day, any unused laps or cash credited to the card, can be refunded. did it myself.

If you all want to go out at the same time, you wont be able to 'group buy' the laps, as you cant have anyone standing at the gate any more, using the one card to let all your mates through, so if you go out, the card goes out with you, and hence no one else who's contributed to the laps on that card can go out until you get back.

Pass them around. In fact I've been there before and been gifted tickets by those departing. :grin:

I've also returned the favour and once gave a very happy bloke a ticket with 5 laps left. +++

Edit - this was pre "ring-cards" so actually may have changed

so as this will be my first time at the ring all this information has been very helpfully but i have just thought of a good idea to help me and my fellow audi drivers. the idea is if any of you lot have come home with unused credit on your ring cards then you could all donate these cards to a good cause +++ all cards welcome and will be put to good use.

• 1 month later...

went to the ring for the first time at the weekend. i have been round the track hundreds of times on the playstation but nothing prepaired me for the track in real life. what an amazing place. first few laps it bounced it down with rain and it scared the living daylights out of me, it was like an ice-skating ring. returned the following day for some time in the dry. its fantastic and i would recomend everybody to go there at least once in there life. i also had the oppertunity for ben from av performance to drive me round in my car. he is an amazing driver and showed me what my car can really do. i needed some clean underwear after that +++

thanks mook for the two laps they were put to good use.

looking forward to going again sooooon +++

Make sure you book a table at the Pistenklause while you're there. Best steak anywhere, ever +++

....Great restaurant and atmosphere but most definitely NOT the "best steak anywhere, ever"! Argentinian meat but vacuum packed and not hung for long enough. Surely living in Dorset (as we both do) you've found a local butcher who hangs local beef for months until it's very dark.

It should look like this before cooking:

FilletPlate.jpg

Sounds like you had a great time there...... which is the best thing to do ....... not setting of times no fiddling with "set up" just good old fun on the circuit. +++

As you say a place that every one should drive at least once in there life.

what you will find is the more you go the more you will get out of it each and every time there will be something new you find .

glad you had a good and safe time :beer: