Think this guy might be overcharging a bit !

byron13

All I would say MrMe is that yes I am presuming but based on a reasonable knowledge of the market and service others offer. In this it makes it hard for me to understand how anyone can offer a service any better and hence charge a higher price. Frankly if it takes so much time to correct say a Ferrari or Aston for instance I would be knocking on the manufacturers door for a claim!!

Best example I can come up with at present is if an independent super car garage managed to charge and get £500 per hour to service said super car because it is perceived to be a better service? And taking 5 times longer than say standard super car garage.

But seriously good luck to the man IMHO if he can get it!

Tipex, I didn't need your patronising explanation.

My point stands, you are presuming the service provided is the same as at a cheaper price and have absolutely no basis of fact for doing so.

It seemed (and still does) that you did need it though.

You are presuming I have no basis or facts to base my opinion on.

All you need to do is look at some of the detailing photos posted up on this site (let alone the detailing forums), the transformation of some of the cars is simply amazing, and I can't see how they could be improved upon by spending another 3 weeks and 5 days on them.

But anyway, I digress, it's a pointless discussion as obviously there are people out there prepared to pay that sort of money, good luck to the chap for taking it off them!

You cannot polish bolts, fastenings and screw heads with cotton buds and the like to 'as new' condition in a couple of days. I reckon you could spend 3 days doing the main visible bodywork alone (excluding inner wings under wheel arch liners for example)

I think for this level of a detail you are looking at detailing CV boots, screw heads, washers nooks & crannies under the car plus probably removing many to do so properly. This is not valating and i'm sure the level of detail is way beyond what 99% of people consider reasonable.

We don't know the facts but I think it's a fair assumption to make that the guy is putting in the time and amazing attention to detail. Sure enough if I was undertaking that length of work, I would want £7k too.

I think for this level of a detail you are looking at detailing CV boots, screw heads, washers nooks & crannies under the car plus probably removing many to do so properly. This is not valating and i'm sure the level of detail is way beyond what 99% of people consider reasonable

I wouldn't allow any bugger to remove anything! Unless they are a dealer tech.