Looked at an RS5 this w/e

Andy_Bangle

Winter tyres have their place but for the number of days per year in the UK where the temperature remains under 5 degrees C, let alone it snows, unless you have the money and more importantly space to store a set of rims with winter tyres on it is an impracticality especially when summer tyres can operate reasonably well and to within the limits of the majority of drivers ability. Garcon made a very valid comment, most need to learn to drive properly first in snow, winter tyres still wouldn't save them. as for 4WD vs 2WD, I do subscribe that it can provide safer driving but not for the merits of outright speed because you still have to stop. If it didn't have merits then all cars would be 2WD.

As for Golfer's comments, your m-DCT should be quicker give it is lighter than my Avant and I'm manually shifting, what's your point?

Back on subject regarding the RS5, I suspect that after the RS4 and R8 a lot were hoping that Audi had moved the game on again with the RS5. But it appears s-Tronic, a trick diff and effectively twin throttle bodies and a second air intake on the RS4 engine is not enough for most after a 3 year wait after the RS4 especially for the price that is being charged.

A used RS5 may be an attractive prospect to some but not a new one. But then such is the success of Audi at prsent they'll probably still sell them by the bucket load. The days someone does an RS5 vs TT-RS test will be interesting.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic