Edition 30 DSG - Real World Fuel Economy?

daveknott

Thinking of one of these next to replace my 130i and give me some comfort whilst commuting in heavy traffic - what sort of MPG are you guys getting?

On motorway travel i see 35mpg with 3 adults and a baby, plus baby stuff in boot etc.

Round town my drive to work is only 5 minutes all start stop on a cold engine and i see 20mpg. Round town for longer i get 25mpg.

This is all indicated but the DIS is quite accurate. I will brim to brim the net time i fill up to get more accurate reading.

If you want any advice i would say go for it. I had a mkV GTI then when i changed it was a tough call between a 130M or R32. I opted for the Golf R32. I have been away from VW ownership for 2 years but now im back in a Pirelli GTI (same power as the Ed30) and love the nuts off of it.+++

For what it`s worth.....ok not a Gti ed30....but I`v covered 58k miles in just under 5yrs in an Audi A3 2.0tfsi DSG and the overall average is 32mpg.......80% of the miles covered have been on the motorway at 70 to 80mph.....If I potter along at between 50 and 60 mph on the A roads of North Wales this increases to 37mpg....The best I`v ever done was when I covered a 15 mile stretch of motorway at 40mph(roadworks and countless camera`s) and the DIS indicated 42mpg

Not and ED30 either.

mines an 80K Mkv GTi which has been remapped.

i do about 80/20 motorway driving.

have been driving it handy for the last while and have an average of around 41Mpg.

nothing over 70/75 on the motorway, no quick starts etc.

if i cane it, i get less than 100miles for 10Eur of petrol, approx 7.7 litres

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Based on the journey display I get 32mpg absolute maximum on a 'boring' driving and about 26mpg on a more enjoyable drive. Driving in places like Germany see 22mpg and 15mpg on a trackday. I exclusively use V-Power.

I only use D-mode for traffic queues and town and otherwise extensively use the gears via the paddles, shifting exactly when I would if driving a conventional manual car.

I really can't be bothered to work out tankfuls and more accurate mpg - What's the point? I bought the car to enjoy its performance combined with its allround practical capabilities.

+++