Michelin PS3 review

AZURES3

I have now completed 1000 miles with the Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres on the front. I had the existing Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric tyres moved to the back during the PS3 fitting, they had 6mm left so a good comparison.

Pros

Softer sidewalls make the ride slightly more comfortable over the Goodyear.

Wet weather performance feels better than the Goodyear in standing water.

Road noise less compared to the Goodyear.

Cons

They are expensive.

They look very average.

I am not sure they suit the S3, I have never seen the traction light come on so much in the dry since they have been fitted. Mostly over camber changes or ripples with significant power applied. Not sure if the softer sidewall means the tyre is moving around more than the Goodyear but if it doesn’t improve I will be moving them to the back. My S3 is due the Haldex oil change in 2,000 miles but can believe this would affect it ?

• 2 weeks later...

Worth noting that strangely the PS3 is not a direct replacement for the PS2, but a replacement for the Pilot Exalto which is slightly more comfort bias.

The true sucsessor to the PS2 is going to be the Michelin Pilot Super Sport which is due in the next few months.

Don't ask me why they've done this as I really don't know. I loved the Pilot Sport range :(

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...