Audi RS3 to be revealed in Paris?

Andy_Bangle

Could I just be making this up or will you have a little sex-wee over these few facts*:

- the Audi RS3 will be shown at Paris Motor Show

- Audi RS3 will be limited to 2700 copies worldwide

- Q3 concept also to be shown in Paris

- Audi RS3 will only be available as a 5-door Sportback version

- It gets new 7-speed S-tronic gearbox (PQ500 unit) as an option (also available on TT RS for ordering now)

- Since it is a limited edition model, the Audi RS3 may get 10 more horsepower than TT RS, i.e. 350 bhp, with the TT RS receiving the same power boost next year to coincide with US launch.

- quattro Gmbh has tested 5-cylinder unit to 720 bhp

- Anticipated UK base price is between £38,000 -£40,000

- Aluminium panels, suspension parts and special lightweight sport seats designed to save weight

- 2,700 total production is same as proposed run for BMW’s M1

* rumours

Could I just be making this up or will you have a little sex-wee over these few facts*:

- the Audi RS3 will be shown at Paris Motor Show

- Audi RS3 will be limited to 2700 copies worldwide

- Q3 concept also to be shown in Paris

- Audi RS3 will only be available as a 5-door Sportback version

- It gets new 7-speed S-tronic gearbox (PQ500 unit) as an option (also available on TT RS for ordering now)

- Since it is a limited edition model, the Audi RS3 may get 10 more horsepower than TT RS, i.e. 350 bhp, with the TT RS receiving the same power boost next year to coincide with US launch.

- quattro Gmbh has tested 5-cylinder unit to 720 bhp

- Anticipated UK base price is between £38,000 -£40,000

- Aluminium panels, suspension parts and special lightweight sport seats designed to save weight

- 2,700 total production is same as proposed run for BMW’s M1

* rumours

Sounds good to me..........except the sportback 5 door bit WTF!!

Will not be buying one if it appears in that guise, if I wanted a performance 5 door estate I would shell out for an RS6 (2nd hand of course)

Will not be buying one if it appears in that guise, if I wanted a performance 5 door estate I would shell out for an RS6 (2nd hand of course)

Yeah but it's half the size of the RS6 so good in my mind. just not liking the £40k price tag!!

Completely see this the other way round to you. Interestingly, the SB S3 outsells the 3 dr S3 two to one so Audi knows where the money is.

Fuel consumption is also a bonus and im convinced, for a road car, turbo power is simply perfect. the roccys power is so accessable and instant overtaking is a doddle, easier than the csl as you never seem to have to change down a gear. I like the idea of this audi but not sure its worth 10k + new over the roccy or golf r.

Fuel consumption is also a bonus and im convinced, for a road car, turbo power is simply perfect. the roccys power is so accessable and instant overtaking is a doddle, easier than the csl as you never seem to have to change down a gear. I like the idea of this audi but not sure its worth 10k + new over the roccy or golf r.

Yep agree Woppum,if it appears as only a five door SB, then the Golf R will be staying for the forseeable, might even go the VWR route and spend a couple of K on a 330 ps upgrade, once I've got 10K or so on the clock, also get to keep the 3 year warranty if I go this route.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spoke to a good mate of mine in Audi, they attended seminar to update Dealer network on future products, RS3 was one of them, due mid to late next year, but only in 5 door SB guise.........so I will not be buying one, as it is effectively another frigging Avant............so looks like a TTRS now......gutted to tell the truth

Had a TTRS on loan over the weekend, the engine and box are an absolute cracker,I really liked the car a lot, but cant help thinking Audi have made a huge mistake not giving a 3 door option for the RS3, especially for UK, I understand Robins a 5 door man, for practical reasons, but I prefer 3 door and do not want what is eefectively an estate car in 5 door guise, toying with buying TTRS,as it really is a hoot to drive, just the lack of space in the back tempers reching for the cheque book immediately

Spoke to a good mate of mine in Audi, they attended seminar to update Dealer network on future products, RS3 was one of them, due mid to late next year, but only in 5 door SB guise.........so I will not be buying one, as it is effectively another frigging Avant............so looks like a TTRS now......gutted to tell the truth

I got the same today from a mate of mine who is a business manager at Audi and he too mentioned a seminar, there was a physical car there too - so its definitely happening according to him, as mentioned - only in Sportback +++