Mk5 R32 : Recaros - Leather Conditioner

sjahR32

My R's almost 2 years old now and is in showroom condition apart from the Recaros (buckets) which are starting to fray and crack around the side bolsters.. :( .

Can anyone recommend any long-term leather treatments or conditioners which are tried and tested? :confused: Not used much on them apart from a warm, damp cloth and those Screen-ies leather wipes that you get from Halfrauds.

Much appreciated. +++

-Sal-

I used to use Autoglym leather care in my R32 and then found Meguiars leather care, which lasts longer. You really need to feed your leather on a regular basis to stop it cracking.

Can only echo Mook's comments - the Meguiar's products are superb and work well. I'd go for the Gold Class Conditioner myself but I've seen many Detailers recommend the Aloe Cleaner too, especially for light coloured leather interiors. +++

I have found liquid leather to be really good on leather, they do a cleaner & a feed both are good value too, the feed smells lovely (leather). Swissvax leather glaze is also good this imparts a protective finish onto the leather, actually makes it a bit slippery when first applied but this wears off quickly so this is not an alternative to the feed. Personally didn't like Megs much as seemed to make the leather shiney.

Thanks for the advice +++.

I had a good read around r32oc.com and the DW forums. The product that I think got the most recommendations was Gliptone - leather cleaner and the conditioner (separate) :) .

Will see if they have the Megs in my local halfrauds first though, but if they don't then I'll try the Gliptone.

-Sal-