Central locking not working after changing rear bulb ?

TheEdge

Hi all

manged to change my brake light bulb earlier today, but have now noticed the central locking system isnt working now? behind the covered area on the boot im not sure if something has been disconnected but ive noticed that the boot white light ( bottom right hand side) isnt coming on either , another think ive noticed was turning the car engine on with the boot lid open and no warning message has come up on screen to say "luggage comaprtment open"? tried disconnecting the battery as well still nothing can lock the car manually thats all i can do ?

any ideas ??

thanks

Hi MAte

thanks for the reply

had two replies with two possibilities, the bulb ive replaced with is a 12volt 21watt bog standard replacement, ive been told by another person that the replacement bulb may be causing the problems with the central locking not working as there is a difference between a side light bulb and brake light bulb ?? another possibility is a fuse has gone as pointed out to me by Ed at APS

Will remove the replacement bulb tomorrow and see if all works ok if not a fuse may be suspect wherever it is?