New boy with R32 & Questions

stubert

Im both new to the site and new to owning an R32. I have a couple of questions if anyone can help

1, The car only has 1 key, do i need to go to VW to get a second and any ideas on cost?

2, It also didnt come with an owners manual, any ideas where i could get one and again cost?

Its a 56 plate if that makes a differnce.

Thanks for your time

Welcome to Tyresmoke stubert +++

Yes, you'll need to go to your local VW dealer and take your V5 (DVLA ownership document with your name and address on it) as well as proof of ID (photo driving license or passport) - this is so you can prove the car is yours - you'll then be fleeced for a royal £10 or so - they have to go back to VW in Germany with the chassis number and then the key gets cut and then coded to your car (immobiliser). Expect to wait a week or so for the key to arrive and then to book it in ot the dealer to get the job done.

You should be able to get a manual on ebay - price varies, but you might pick one up for a tenner.

HTH

:beer:

Welcome to Tyresmoke stubert +++

Yes, you'll need to go to your local VW dealer and take your V5 (DVLA ownership document with your name and address on it) as well as proof of ID (photo driving license or passport) - this is so you can prove the car is yours - you'll then be fleeced for a royal £10 or so:

That £10 is admin, the key will cost in the region of £150-£180 by the time it is in your hand and working.

Did you buy it from a dealer? Any warranty?

This has worked for me a few times-

Buy key and blade off eBay, way cheaper than dealers.

Get blade cut so key physically works in locks.

Take car and key to dealer, say it's stopped working.

Most dealers will then just reprogramme the key for you, it's a five min job.