BMW F10 550i M Sport

Golfer

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahem .... my introduction to the dark side was quite a leap of faith, not that I needed much persuading - so far the M5 can do no wrong in my eyes, love it to bits, petrol consumption et all +++

Don't think I will be buying another audi in the foreseeable future, cabriolet-wise since my '08 Audi A4 cab had set my sights on a 6 series next ... and was nearly another very expensive lunch today after test driving a '60 plate X5 :secret:

Ahem .... my introduction to the dark side was quite a leap of faith, not that I needed much persuading - so far the M5 can do no wrong in my eyes, love it to bits, petrol consumption et all +++

Don't think I will be buying another audi in the foreseeable future, cabriolet-wise since my '08 Audi A4 cab had set my sights on a 6 series next ... and was nearly another very expensive lunch today after test driving a '60 plate X5 :secret:

Well I have had the 635D Sport, and the X6 35D both chipped, they were great, this thing however is a bit special.:grin:

Great looking car Golfer +++ That low down pull must be great too :cool:

I wasn't a fan of the new 5 series when I first saw them but it's growing on me and it seems to suit certain colours really well.

This car pulls from nothing to stupid speeds in NO time at all, this compares to My M3 E90 2010 for power.

Lovely! Really like the shape of the current 5. I would de-badge it for ultimate stealth!

Can I just narrow my comments down to the saloon 5 series please? Saw my first new 5 series estate today - that looks wrong! The rear valance cut-away looks like it was done by a schoolkid with a craft knife and the lines don't suit the estate. The rear indicators are tiny and when the rear lights are on, very hard to see.

Can I just narrow my comments down to the saloon 5 series please? Saw my first new 5 series estate today - that looks wrong! The rear valance cut-away looks like it was done by a schoolkid with a craft knife and the lines don't suit the estate. The rear indicators are tiny and when the rear lights are on, very hard to see.
I test drove the estate in 3.0 diesel form, I also did not much like the looks of it, not very exiting, but show me an estate car that is, both good to look at and causes excitement, I don't know of one.

Possibly the RS4.

I test drove the estate in 3.0 diesel form, I also did not much like the looks of it, not very exiting, but show me an estate car that is, both good to look at and causes excitement, I don't know of one.

Possibly the RS4.

I've always liked the E60 touring in MSport guise... (the SE looks too fuddy duddy)... I hope that they sort the rear end out on the MSport F10.

I think the TG review when they compared the E92 M3, Audi RS4 and C63 AMG did an injustice to the Mercedes.

Whilst the M3 came out on top as the 'clinical winner' I couldn't help but think they were missing a trick. How often do you get to drive a car on the edge all the time in such a way that you experience its clinical edge and impeccable handling. Clarkson droned on and on about the C63's wild handling and how you could crash one in a car park or whatever it was he claimed.

For me, he missed something major - that's not why you'd buy a C63. I think they're incredible cars both in sound and power delivery - and far superior than the M3 in both respects but in very different ways. Firstly, the sound of a C63 AMG makes an M3 and an RS4 sound pitiful. Second the power delivery isn't about traction - it's about the kick in the back when you're doing 40-50 mph and hit the right pedal.

The C63 does the quarter mile in under 13 seconds (EVO reviewed it didn't they?). I seem to recall the M3 didn't. The in gear times mid-range were a lot quicker (by a lot I mean something like half a second from 50-70 but we know how visible that is on the road). At the high end (approaching 100 from the legal limit) it obliterated the M3 and RS4 - and those are much more 'real' driving conditions than hurling it around a track.

I'd buy a C63 AMG before an M3. I think it's more of an event than a mere car and I can imagine wanting to keep one for much, much longer.

I think the TG review when they compared the E92 M3, Audi RS4 and C63 AMG did an injustice to the Mercedes.

Whilst the M3 came out on top as the 'clinical winner' I couldn't help but think they were missing a trick. How often do you get to drive a car on the edge all the time in such a way that you experience its clinical edge and impeccable handling. Clarkson droned on and on about the C63's wild handling and how you could crash one in a car park or whatever it was he claimed.

For me, he missed something major - that's not why you'd buy a C63. I think they're incredible cars both in sound and power delivery - and far superior than the M3 in both respects but in very different ways. Firstly, the sound of a C63 AMG makes an M3 and an RS4 sound pitiful. Second the power delivery isn't about traction - it's about the kick in the back when you're doing 40-50 mph and hit the right pedal.

The C63 does the quarter mile in under 13 seconds (EVO reviewed it didn't they?). I seem to recall the M3 didn't. The in gear times mid-range were a lot quicker (by a lot I mean something like half a second from 50-70 but we know how visible that is on the road). At the high end (approaching 100 from the legal limit) it obliterated the M3 and RS4 - and those are much more 'real' driving conditions than hurling it around a track.

I'd buy a C63 AMG before an M3. I think it's more of an event than a mere car and I can imagine wanting to keep one for much, much longer.

I agree "Clarkson's reviews" are nothing like real world drivng, so I dismiss him and drive the cars myself.

I test drove the C63 with the engine upgrade late last year, I would have bought one if it did "what I was expecting" it did NOT, there was no kick in the pants it was very smooth rather than instant torque, I never felt any raw power low down at all.

I was disappointed with it, sure when thrashed it went but so do others.

I got back into the M3 and enjoyed it more.

But thats just me. The car was horrendous on fuel without getting "Bang for Buck" feel IMO.:o