Crazy Polo?

benjie

Anyone have any ideas about these problems -

It's a 2004 1.9 TDI Sport (100PS) Polo.

- Front electric window controls on driver's side - on occasion, they reverse, i.e. left operates right and vice versa - same for the electric mirrors.

- Heated rear window switch flashes from time to time.

Things got a little more serious today as the wipers stopped working. Pull or push the stalk and the rear one went, but that's it.

I used VCDS to check the output tests for the wipers - when told to by VCDS, the wipers work fine.

EDIT - Forgot to say, there was one fault code stored - it was 65535 in Auto HVAC - Internal Control Module Memory Error. I did a few output tests and cleared the code and nothing came back.

Anybody got any ideas as to the problems?

Have you tried disconnecting the drivers side door control unit??? I have had issues with them on that age and very rare issues with convenience.... what about total closure on the key does it work? Measure value blocks for switch positions? More than likely the door control unit. make sure you have good power and a good earth. Check wiring to A pillar for corrosion. What other work has it had prior? The climatic one could be a positioner motor..........

Total closure works and the measuring blocks show the correct things when I'm testing everyhting. However, the door controls are currently behaving as they should and I haven't had a chance to use VCDS with the car when the controls are playing up.

How do you disconnect the driver's side door contol - is it the same as the MkIV Golf - door card and metal frame bit off & find plug? I'll check the wiring in the morning too! Would the door module account for the wipers though?

Car has FSH, owned for 8months, nothing in the history about any replaced parts.

Sometimes the signal processed by the control unit from the switch gives this kinda weird happening, could be a switch.....or if the car has had bodywork ie door areas i have known of CAN bus issues those signals dont like being messed around as you probably know.

I thought the earlier Polo mirrors moved together when moving the right hand one??? I cant remember.

Disconnect i think 16,18 or 28 pin connector on the right hand window unit under door trim. Id check the relay plate fuse box area too for any wiring issues regarding wipers and your window issues and HRW.

Obviously good clean earths under bonnet and the ones inside car.I may have a wiring diagram saved somewhere..............:confused:ill let you know

Thsnks for that, a mate has come over and I'm about to go and have a look, so hopefully we'll be able to get to the bottom of it!

About the mirrors - normally, left moves left only and right moves both. When it goes crazy, left moves both and right moves both only!

Right, been out and all the wiring is sound. Unplgged everthing in the door and the wipers still didn't work.

Checked VCDS with the wipers again. The car doesn't register that the stalk has been moved from the off position. No other fault codes.

So I'm thinking it's the wiper stalk?

:roflmao:ok i thought you were dealing with the window/mirror issue first thats why i said disconnect door control unit when its doing that problem. The wiper issue is totally separate.....possibly a relay you need to see if the switch is getting power to it on the correct wires before condemning the switch possibly a relay issue.Make sue wiring and connectors ok to switch etc. does the relay click when rear wiper on and front and rear washers activated?????

Sorry not been able to locate wiring diagram today ended up doing headgasket on mates passat 130 PD just finished.......ive just come on here for a bit of R&R keeps the brain ticking. Will do Monday for you if your having grief still

Regards Tidy.........................wishin i was an Indy,i could make a living if i had all you lot as my customers:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I was thinking that all the things could be related. I'm not the most technical of people I'm afraid... especially when it comes to electrics!

Where would I find the relays to the wiper switch?

When I do output tests, the wipers work on speed 1 and 2. On the stalk, if you push (back 1, or all the way back) the rear wiper comes on. If you pull, the rear wiper comes on. If you move it up and down, nothing happens. When you move the stalk, the measuring blocks don't register it as moved. I hear the heated rear window relay click.