Intermittent starting problem - Help please!

garagedj

Hi guys, having a bit of trouble with my polo and wondering if any of you can help me out!

I've got a 52 plate polo, done 40k and it's having trouble starting up. It died on me a few months back, took it to a garage and was told it was the inhibitor switch which was faulty. Had this replaced and seemed to solve the problem. Few days back (I think it may be due to the cold?) the problems have come back. I put the key in, turn the key and nothing.. Electrics work fine, lights, head unit etc, but the car doesn't attempt to start up. However, if I held the key in for a few seconds it would start up as normal as car would run perfectly. So it died again few days ago and took it back to the garage who re-replaced the inhibitor switched fix the car for a whole day before dieing again.

Took it to another garage to check out and they can't find any problems with the car? All they said is hold they key in and it will eventually start. That's what I had been doing but eventually it will just stop working again.

I have no idea on what to do?

Any ideas?

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...