Water leak and check engine light

rrathi

I have a leak in my 06 Passat 2.0T. Yesterday it rained the whole day. I took my car for a drive, parked on an incline with face down for about 5 minutes. Started again... and CIL turns on. Come home and see water on passenger side under the carpet (My carpet is already out as there was water before. I had not put the carpet back).

I see that water is coming from somewhere under the front seat. See the video please and help!

YouTube - VW water leak.mp4

While I am shooting the video, car is on an incline with front down.

It's just that in the video, there seems to be a big split where. As if the repair has been done properly? Might be worth taking the car back to where it was repaired and have them check the whole underbody.

The water can spoil many a connection under the carpets. I think there is a CCU?? (does lots of electricals for the car) under the carpets, so you need to be very careful.

Another thing to check is that the drain holes under the battery are doing just that. Also, check the Pollen Filter housing. Both of these are under the bonnet by the wipers

Edited by cruiser647

Right onto this thread............ok apologies for lack of comms over the last few weeks been studying.

Have studied your video where is that last part of the video filmed and is the water coming in the back?????? towards the front?

Also has the Engine light gone out now.........Regards Tidy.

- Last part of the video is from under the front passenger seat (which is on the right in USA).

- Water is coming from back towards front, as my Passat was parked on an incline with front down.

- The CEL is off now... by itself for some reason.

- The car had been hit from behind like over 2 years ago, just in case if that matters!

Could be any number of things but where the poles for the boot go through the rubber grommets there are some tubes attached to them which are drains and should exit in the rear wings.Remove the carpet panels in the boot and check they are fitted also any water will collect behind these.. also there are some vents lower down also worth a check. Is the boot full of water?????