07 R32 mirror kicked off, replacement advice needed

tallpaultaylor

[ATTACH]42094[/ATTACH]

Hi guys,

I wish I was posting for the first time under happier circumstances but after a nice meal in parent's house I came to find the driver's wing mirror had been knocked off!

Not a trace of glass nor plastic on the ground so if it vandalism it was unusual.

A nasty neighbor would have keyed the car and looking at the dent on the A pillar someone looking to steal the mirror probably would have cracked the casing.

I've seen complete unpainted assemblies on line for around €100 but this a folding one.

any ideas on what specific parts I need?

thanks

post-44896-137914460721_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]42094[/ATTACH]

Hi guys,

I wish I was posting for the first time under happier circumstances but after a nice meal in parent's house I came to find the driver's wing mirror had been knocked off!

Not a trace of glass nor plastic on the ground so if it vandalism it was unusual.

A nasty neighbor would have keyed the car and looking at the dent on the A pillar someone looking to steal the mirror probably would have cracked the casing.

I've seen complete unpainted assemblies on line for around €100 but this a folding one.

any ideas on what specific parts I need?

thanks

Hi welcome to the forum,

sorry to hear about the bad new, these scum need to be shot in the head - dead!

I`ve had a look on ETKA and can`t seem to find the part numbers at all, tried looking on both MY06 and MY07 ranges :s

Some information here though Question about electric folding mirror on a Mk 5

Riz :)

You will need the whole lot there my friend including the glass,indicator and cap which as you know is painted........sorry to see some small minded little James Blunt has done that to your beloved motor.:ffs: Door trim off only not too bad a job if you are mechanically minded as the othee screws are below the trim and the wiring for the mirror assembly too. If you need any fitting instructions just give me a shout.

You will need the whole lot there my friend including the glass,indicator and cap which as you know is painted........sorry to see some small minded little James Blunt has done that to your beloved motor.:ffs: Door trim off only not too bad a job if you are mechanically minded as the othee screws are below the trim and the wiring for the mirror assembly too. If you need any fitting instructions just give me a shout.

Thanks for the info, I found a brand new painted mirror assembly for £139 so it's not too expensive, I'll have a crack myself at changing it as it's a straight swap I think it might be straight forward.

Will it require VAG.com though?

thanks PT

• 4 weeks later...

Update,

Ordered the complete mirror assembly from wingmirroman.co.uk

But just realised when looking at a 2006 Golf Gti that that they don't come with the puddle litght.

I rang them up and confirmed that their stock never has the puddle light so I put the order on hold.

Now I'm thinking how can I combine the working stub and puddle light(still works with auot lights and door openig etc) with the new glass , painted surround and stub that I have on order?

Any advice?

Is there any way of checking to see if the powered motor is knackered or will it be able to connect to the new parts?

thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Wing mirrorassemble finally arrived after loads of Royal Mial problems.

Impressive qulaity for non OEM parts, everything is ready to plug in and play although I still have to fugure out how to combine the puddle light from the existing stub with the new parts.

Does anyone have a diagram of how the mirror is put together?

thanks