I found a switched live for my gauges

Flynn

If you use the add a circuit type thing then I'd suggest cutting off the crimp connector and using a solder joint covered with head shrink. The crimps can appear to be OK but but they're not a great way of making a join.

Te add a circuit things are pretty good, I'm using one in my R32 to power the rear view camera. The alternative was to take the fuse panel apart and take a feed off the positive bar but the add a circuit does the same job in seconds.

If you use the add a circuit type thing then I'd suggest cutting off the crimp connector and using a solder joint covered with head shrink. The crimps can appear to be OK but but they're not a great way of making a join.

Te add a circuit things are pretty good, I'm using one in my R32 to power the rear view camera. The alternative was to take the fuse panel apart and take a feed off the positive bar but the add a circuit does the same job in seconds.

Okay thank you. I have no quarms about soldering that because it's not part of the car so that's fine. Thanks for the heads up.

You can also design custom stickers at Custom Stickers Here to enhance the appearance.

I've done one for your back window to get you started. Rather than messing about with fuses, wires and the like, why don't you just get stickers of the gauges you need done (the turbo one showing boost at 17psi :D) and stick them on the dash?

42197d1295783949-i-found-switched-live-my-gauges-picture-1.jpg

Haha, 17 psi is just a mild tune. Some guys are pushing 25+psi on theres. Although 17 psi will do for now, standard they are 15 psi.

Whatever happens though, my advice would be not to cut the red wire. I've seen the effect of not heeding this advice first hand in the film Lethal Weapon 2.

Yeah the gunk squirts in your face. Or was that Die Hard?:confused::ffs:

Haha, that'll be a no then! :roflmao:

mate, just because I didn't say I have told them doesn't mean I haven't...

You can also design custom stickers at Custom Stickers Here to enhance the appearance.

I've done one for your back window to get you started. Rather than messing about with fuses, wires and the like, why don't you just get stickers of the gauges you need done (the turbo one showing boost at 17psi :D) and stick them on the dash?

42197d1295783949-i-found-switched-live-my-gauges-picture-1.jpg

I'm in tears Busby! lmfao!

My grandad used to say, "A little knowledge about electricity is far more dangerous than no knowledge about electricity"

How about running a cable from the main fuse and then sticking a switch to the dials on the dash so you can switch them on and off separately to the ignition like you're starting a plane :D

Haha, no thanks I don't want it to be like a rally car, but thanks anyway. The perfect solution has been found now. I've got no knowledge of electricity, that's why I'm asking here. How do you guys learn all this stuff anyway? This is the only way I've got of learning.

F*ck sake you lot, you can be right bell ends at times.

He's 21, I know that was a long time ago for some of you, but we all had sh1t cars once, and being a car forum, it's likely we barried them up far worse than he's done.

And what's more, he's actually kind of correct in what he says, that old pug derv lump is surprisingly easy to wring a few more horses out of, whether you think there is any point or not, there aren't many if us who'd turn down a few cheap extra ponies, and adding guages can't do any harm.

Fair enough, he's come on a bit strong in few replies, but is this the way we treat all new members on TSN?

If it was a fit blonde, wanting to know how to fit guages to her mk5 Gti everyone would be falling over themselves to offer help.