milltek non res

pro coe

I had a cat-back resonated system on the S4 Avant... it has to be THE best sounding car I've had (and I've had one or two...)

Think you're best getting a resonated system, the MK5 R32 will sound bloody lovely. Not sure how VAG make their V6 and V8's sound so good... O/T but are they 90 degree V's or 60? Could explain their sexy growl if they're a 60.

One other point with the resonators fitted, you'll get less drone inside the car.

Just to balance, I went non-res - is there such a thing as too loud?! +++

Where there's no sense, there's no hearing... ;)

You have turbos to quieten it down, so best option in non-res there...

Neither, they're 15 degree. Extremely narrow angled.

Wow! Both the V6 & V8? The BM V's are all 90 degree...

I missed the bit about the V8, it's just the VR6 that's a 15 degree. I can't remember what the vee angle on the V8's are.

That explains the great sound from the VAG V6's then... three cylinders just out of kilter firing order wise... nice :)

Far nicer sound to the BM straight 6 IMO. +++

Yeah firing order is same, but 15 degree ofset will creat a different firing 'time'. Like on a Scuby boxer, always sounds 'odd' compared to an in-line four.

Not with equal length manifold, like mine's got. It really does sound like an in-line four pot, albeit it a bit louder than stock with some added, erm, Milltek :uhoh:

If there was one thing (and it really is one thing) I would change on the car, it's to add flat four burble. It's this whole new-fangled twin-scroll super-efficient turbo malarky that dictates equal length. But then with a burble I wouldn't get the power it delivers now or the mpg - 32mpg at a steady 80-85 up to Yorkshire and back this weekend, 4 up with luggage :eek:

OK, so it dips a lot lower than that when you push it hard (what doesn't), but try that power output and mpg combo in an Evo :roflmao:

• 6 months later...

If it was a valved system then I would suggest non-res; it's what a lot of the RS4 owners have only because they can then close it off when it may become obtrusive around town / first thing in the morning etc.

If no valve operation then like others have said it may be too much on a day to day proposition if that is your only car.

Ah I see. How many miles has the RS done now? I guess that V8 will see many hundreds of thousands in without any problems and I seem to recall it was at about 40k 3-4 years ago so it probably has a long way to go before it starts to cause issues yet.

On the positive contributions side of things, me neither.:roflmao: