Micalee's Shadow Blue R32

micalee

Well, finally after less than a week of owning it, I have taken some pics. Typical - you wash it in the blinding sun, it dries to quickly and you get watermarks, then when you want to take some pics, the sun goes in for half an hour!!

The first few pics show quite well the colour and the flip it gives from blue to purple.

DSC04009.jpg

DSC04010.jpg

DSC04041.jpg

DSC04039.jpg

DSC04013.jpg

DSC04043.jpg

DSC04042.jpg

DSC04024.jpg

DSC04032.jpg

DSC04026.jpg

DSC04029.jpg

Those pics stopped me in my tracks!

Its identical to my shadow blue r32 that got nicked (except mine had the leather).

And the number plate is identical except for the last 2 digits!!

Cracking colour though. I changed my order from the grey to shadow blue and have hardly ever

Seen another one since. Looks amazing when its clean and sunny.

I will post some pics up.

I'd hazard a guess that it looks pretty much the same as yours!!

Yeh, I walked into that one didnt I!!!

Well Soulboy, you're right, they do look pretty similar - don't know what I was expecting! Well, as coincidences go, before I bought mine, I googled Shadow Blue R32 and took a nice pic of an R32 by the edge of a cliff, for use as wallpaper for my mobile - IT WAS YOURS!!! They are lovely and pictures dont do justice for the colour - think one of mine shows the changes pretty well!

When it's running and not in the garage :P

The 147 V6. The most understeery car known to mankind to the point of trying to kill you :eek:

So long as you change the cambelt every 40k, and change the water pump for one with a metal impeller (much like VW's), they are very reliable, certainly no worse than a VW.

The only weak spot is the diff, which is made of chocolate, and prone to eating itself if you put the power down with any steering lock on, such as pulling out of a junction.

This is easily remedied by fitting a Q2 diff, which also cures any understeer issues and transforms the cars handling.

Any small car with a big lump like that will understeer, R32 included, but it's a trade off isn't it, heavy 4wd system (that's still fwd most of the time), or lightweight trick diff but fwd.

If you get the opportunity to drive one with the Q2 diff fitted, take it, you will be surprised I promise you.

The Alfa V6 is without question, the best sounding engine ever.

Now that is a coincidence micallee!

The day I took those pics - I hadn't set it up.

We had just gone out near abersoch and when I was walking to the car, I realised the colour was looking great.

So I.just snapped a few shots. Hence the tyres not dressed etc.

I always wondered whether they sprayed blue over purple to get that colour?

Or am I barking up the wrong tree.

I would love to know where mine ended up. I believe it was used in a number of armed robberies shortly after.

BTW micalee - it may make sense to blank your plates out.

Ps the copyright on the cliff pics for phone use is a fiver a week :grin:

Edited by Soulboy

I'd put money on it that it didn't have the updated diff, it's not an Alfa part, I think it's made by quaiffe.

But you can modify any out of the box car to behave - my R32 was a prime example. Nose heavy, understeering, soft and boomy when it arrived. Way too much on mods later and it was as sorted as it could get :D