Rimblades - REVIEW

Morganian

Well, anyone tempted to type Rimblades into Google will now find this thread, which rips the piss out of such a shite idea, firmly entrenched at #1.

I wonder if Mr Morganian bargained on such great publicity for his worthless product when he clumsily spammed attempted to spam everyone less than 24 hours ago? :D

I must admit I can't even recall typing:

And I haven't checked your website but I guess it's something to do with hammering tatty bits of gaudy plastic into the rim of your tyre/wheel. To be honest, I would rather hammer a nail into my fcuking foot.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last few post seems to have been off topic and I have lost the flow of the thread a little. Can someone please confirm that rimblades are sh1t?

It appears that rimblades are sh1t, but I'd like to be 100% sure that rimblades are sh1t before I tell anyone else that rimblades are sh1t.

The one thing people are omitting from this thread is the use of the singular rimblade. If you use the term rimblade, as opposed to the plural of rimblade, which is rimblades, then there is an equal chance that searching online using the world's favourite search engine will return rimblade at the top as well as rimblades, that being the plural of rimblade.

I have no idea whether a rimblade, or even rimblades are sh*t, which is why I asked the question originally. Oh, and just to clarify, so that we can properly ascertain whether a rimblade is sh*t, or even rimblades are sh*t, the filter for the word sh*t, which has been used in this thread to imply the worthiness of rimblade and rimblades seems to have been retained, but the filter for the word shite has not.

So are rimblades, or is even the rimblade sh*t? Because that's what I'd heard. But rimblade could be shite.

Has anyone seen the fitting instructions for rimblades? They're posted on http://www.rimblades.com at http://www.rimblades.com

Fitting

- Wash and dry your wheels thoroughly.

- Remove the full length of the Rimblade from the packaging and uncoil it.

- Cut into 4 equal lengths.

- Take the first length and offer it up to the wheel. You will note that the very outer edge of your wheel has a small lip which is the edge of the wheel and there is a gap between this and the tyre.

- On the rear of the Rimblade you will see a raised lip. This is a fitting guide and goes over the edge of the wheel in the aforementioned gap.

- Fit the Rimblade around the wheel and where the two ends meet carefully mark where you need to cut. Try to get a nice straight cut. We recommend the use of a craft knife or junior hacksaw as this will ensure a better cut than the use of scissors.

- Once cut to length, fit one side of the double sided tape to the rear of the Rimblade. Use the fitting lip as a guide and once happy press down firmly.

- Open the superglue and place a small layer of glue on one end of the joining peg and push it into the Rimblade. Hold for a few seconds until glue set.

- Place a layer of glue over the other end of the joining peg and the end surface of the Rimblade and join the two ends together. Hold until set.

- Before you now fit the Rimblade, use one of the alcohol wipes to thoroughly remove all grease and fingermarks from where you need to apply the Rimblade on the wheel.

- Start peeling the backing tape off and fit the Rimblade around the wheel, pushing the surfaces together firmly.

We recommend not driving for 8 hours to give the tape time to bond. Full strength is reached after 24 hours.

The hotter the day, the better the adhesion will be. You can always use a hairdryer to warm the tape up if required.

Do not fit in very cold or freezing conditions.

Disclaimer.

Rimblades has been thoroughly tested and should protect the surface of your alloy wheels. Please inspect your Rimblades after collision and replace if necessary.

I wonder how you get the sticky off the alloys should you buy a car with them on?

I guess you probably want to buy two sets as each time you change tyres or have a puncture they'd need replacing!

Oh and can someone tell me what "full digital stress and performance testing to 155MPH" is ? Does that mean it's virtual testing?

Finally if rimblades are reading this then you can have this idea for free (well just send me a set in each colour ;) ) - make these for motorbikes. So many riders put coloured rim tape on alreadt that I'm sure you'll find loads who'd go for this instead. You would need to make them in luminous colours, increase the top speed testing figures and come up with a claim such as it makes the wheel carve through the air better. If you do that then there's loads of fashion concious power rangers who'd go for them...... seriously!

Are rimblades approved by any of the following-

Tyre manufacturers?

Wheel manufacturers?

Vehicle manufacturers?

Insurers?

I can just see a big claim for paintwork damage from one of these flailing about, or a pedestrian who's legs have been whipped, tyre blowout etc etc being refused by your insurers!

That's an interesting one Tipex - I'd say it's a modification to the car, so you'd have to tell your insurers that you'd fitted a rimblade or some rimblades to your alloy wheels. Same I'd think with those Alloygators - similar thing to rimblades from what I can tell.

These rimblades - I wonder if people might come across rimblades if they are searching for alloy wheel curbing protectors, or alloy protectors, or alloy wheel rim protectors, or alloy wheel protectors. I'd would be a dire shame if they came across this thread by mistake, cos rimblades might have been able to sell them some rimblades!

TUV approved?

Isn't everything?

Personally the TUV mark doesn't mean anything to me, I've had some truly dire products with TUV stickers on them.

As far quality goes, I reckon it just means the item probably won't spontaneously combust if left unattended in a bowl of water.