Text Message Option Greyed out on MMI

Smithy37

Hi All,

I was reading in the quick guide that I can access and read text messages through the MMI. I have the MMI High with bluetooth and I pair with an Iphone 4. However, from day one I have never been able to access the menu in the Telephone module because the 'Text Message' option is always greyed out.

Is this to do with the I4 bluetooth profile, or do I need to enable it somehow?

I have the latest version of VAGCOM if that is the answer and if so where do I look.

Thanks.

Hi Biscuits,

Thanks for the reply. Shame really. I previously had two Volvo S60 R lines and the first one had the facility to read texts and the second one didn't. That wasn't bluetooth though, it was a SIM you inserted into the phone module in dash. I always assumed it was something the dealer either switched on or off as one worked and the other didn't.

At least I know mine isn't faulty!

Nothing of the sort really, it is to do with the connection you make to the phone kit and which phone you have.

The phone kit high supports rSAP or remote sim access (symbol of a SIM in the MMI display), when connected in this way the SMS section will function, I use it all the time. But the Iphone does not support rSAP so you are connected in low mode (symbol of a phone in the MMI screen) so you do not get SMS functionality.

Only rSAP enabled phones allow SMS reception with phone prep high.