VCDS Cable for 80 squid (Fully Functioning)!

IanHo

The big issue in my (personal) eyes here is that neither moderators or forum owners seem to care, otherwise the original links to those offers would have been removed by now. It's one thing to discuss stuff but an entirely different thing if you keep "advertising" the sellers, no matter what the overall reaction might be. Freedom of speech and all that is nice and fine, but let's turn this around. Somebody brakes into your house and sells your stuff at a flea market. Would you want that person to tell everybody and his brother where they can get more of your stuff? As all comparisons it's not fully accurate but it may draw a similar picture.

Sadly I (personally) have only had mostly negative experiences here when it comes to fakes (be it VCDS, VAG-Tacho or K+CAN/AVDI) and TSN. In fact this seems to be wide spread through a lot of the UK forums, so please don't take this as an affront - just trying to let you know how actions can be seen. Looking in other markets (be it USofA or Germany), that same attitude is quite rare there and forum operators normally try to keep their backyard clean (generally speaking this time, not necessarily TSN related). OTOH we have gotten replys from UK forum owners/operators which pretty much boiled down to "what do we care about your ****?".

To sum things up, yes there is some discomfort in showing up here because it has been a waste of time in many cases and when you see fake users and real users side by side you have to make a decision. My personal one at the time was to help those legit users outside such forums.

We REALLY appreciate the support of those who back us up and I'd be happy to take that support to another level and give back some more where you guys feel like home (if this is the place then it should happen right here), just saying that the circumstances need to match yours as well as our expectations.

No hard feelings I hope.

BTW: The "Citroen" part doesn't seem to be in my hands, probably related to the # of posts made here over the years. For your convenience I did add my car pool to the signature as it seems to be what you guys do as well. ;)

Edited by Sebastian

My 2p worth......

The thing is, it's not a forum's (any forum's) job to police the internet nor to protect your (or anyone else's) product. If I mention people can download films from Pirate Bay or music from MP3Raid, would you expect to see those posts deleted? Anyone with access to Google can find alternatives/copies/fakes to almost any product in the world, yours is not unique.

If you believe this company are ripping you off, why not take legal action instead of attacking people on here who to the best of my knowledge, are trying to promote your product and steer people away from the type of cable the OP posted.

I think the phrase is, "man up".

I'm not connected in any way to this forum other than being a normal member. But if I was, I would be pretty pissed off with your attitude :)

Edited by Milo

The big issue in my (personal) eyes here is that neither moderators or forum owners seem to care,

What complete tosh. See all of my posts above.

As a mod on this forum, it's not my job to remove links like were originally posted. What I believe we successfully did was to bat down someone's recommendation to buy a cheap imitation of a Ross Tech product.

More the fool you if you think making a statement like "we don't support forums like this one"