Cambridge Autogleam: Ferrari 599 GTO

jediknight83

I normally just post this on my ongoing thread of the year.. but for such a special car I thought I'd make an exception :)

Those of you following us on f2.png or t2.png will have already had a sneak peek of this beauty :)

The video can be seen here or double click it to open in youtube and change it to its full HD glory :)

This car was in for a front end protection film with AMI. The bonnet, wings, bumper and sills were covered in Ventureshield film and the A pillers were covered in Ventureshield's new Matt protection film so as to maintain the Matt finish of the grey roof. Although many still are not a fan of Paint Protection Film (PPF), Nick and his team are still the best fitters I have encountered and the film is so glossy and clear its hard to notice it at all unless you get very very close. Far better than a lot of other installations I have seen and is why its the only PPF product and fitters I personally recommend.

I thought this picture of the rear arch showed how good the film is at maintaining the original colour, gloss and shine while providing much needed protection to expensive pain finishes

Ferrari599GTO-22.jpg

Anyway... we were called in to detail the car and make sure the unprotected paint was perfect.

First off the wheels were cleaned with Autoglym Custom Wheel Cleaner and agitated ith 1 brush for the wheel face and an EZ Detail Brush for the insides.

Ferrari599GTO-01.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-02.jpgFerrari599GTO-03.jpg

The car was then foamed with Valet Pro pH Neutral Show Foam and then rinsed.

If you cant fit a foam bottle to your pressure washer then this Foam Gun is very good and works on mains pressure.

Ferrari599GTO-41.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-04.jpg

Then a 2 bucket shampoo with Meguairs Shampoo Plus and a Meguairs MF Wash Mit

There was no contamination on the car so it was rinsed and dried and taken inside for polishing.

Being brand new it obviously wasn't in a terrible state although the bumper needed a fair bit of work.

Before

Ferrari599GTO-05.jpg

After

Ferrari599GTO-08.jpg

This was done with Menzerna 3.02 on a spot pad and refined with Menzerna 106FA.

Ferrari599GTO-06.jpg

There was also a few sanding marks still showing..

Before

Ferrari599GTO-09.jpg

After

Ferrari599GTO-10.jpg

Stuart in action..

Ferrari599GTO-14.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-15.jpg

Before

Ferrari599GTO-16.jpg

After

Ferrari599GTO-17.jpg

The black gloss section behind the matt roof was looking a bit sorry for itself so this was taped up well and polished with a spot pad

Before

Ferrari599GTO-18.jpg

After

Ferrari599GTO-19.jpg

The rest of the paint was no where near as bad as the bumper so this was polished with Menzerna 106FA on a 3m finishing pad

Slight scuff in the rear arch Before

Ferrari599GTO-20.jpg

After

Ferrari599GTO-21.jpg

This car had a grey matt roof so this was cleaned a waxed with Swissvax Opaque products.

Ferrari599GTO-13.jpg

The cleaner was sprayed on a buffed off and then the wax applied and left for a couple of minutes before buffing lightly. Wax applied to the far side of the roof in this pic.

Ferrari599GTO-11.jpg

The opaque products were also used on the matt carbon fiber diffuser, front splitter and sills.

Ferrari599GTO-23.jpg

The wheels were sealed with some Poorboy's Wheel Sealant

Ferrari599GTO-24.jpg

The car paint and PPF waxed with out £2230 pot of Vintage wax. Glass was treated with RainX. Tyres and arches dressed with Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber Care

Interior was vacuumed and dusted.

And now a few photos of the finished car.... enjoy..

Ferrari599GTO-25.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-26.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-27.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-28.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-29.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-30.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-31.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-32.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-33.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-34.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-35.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-36.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-37.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-38.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-39.jpg

Thanks for looking.

:grin: epic, absolutely epic - both the work and the car Nath +++

Interesting to see that it is possible to polish a matt finish - the guys on the BMW stand at Autosport were saying it wasn't possible with their Frozen Black paintwork.

you cant polish it.

Its a special none abrasive cleaner and then a low gloss wax. If you polished it I'm sure it would cause holy mess!! I havent seen enough matt finishes to know if they can get swirled like gloss paint can !?!? but I don't suppose there is any way of rescuing them if they do get scratched!

I'm not a fan of them myself.... but its my job to protect... not judge :)