Attended the new 6 series launch

Golfer

Yesterday and to be frank got shocked at the price of the latest 650i Price.

The car it's self was not much different than the old one really, 75mm extra rear leg room ( I could not sit in them!!!! ) still less than a GTR and thats bad.

High resolution Navigation screen, mine look just the same I could not tell the difference.

LED strip lights below the front grill but still running the LED ovals!!

NO visible interior upgrades to my eye.

So to price of the 650i...................... £82K............ :eek:

Certainly NOT worth that money and I would expect to see NO sales IMO.

I asked about the M5 pricing and they still seem to think a starting price of £70K ish, I just can not believe that after this price shock, anyone?.:o

Seems stupidly expensive to me, maybe when they all got a bit bitten having lots of stock in 2009 they are going right the other way. We are meant to be the cheapest market at the moment imagine what others are spending.... !!
BMW only have enough parts to carry on for just two weeks, as many parts are made in Japan!!.

I have absolutely no idea where you've got £82k from Golfer?

It isn't £82k.

The 650i SE is £67,300. The 640i SE is £59,550.

I think it's too expensive, but I can't see where you're getting the extra £15,000 from? The prices are even confirmed on the BMW UK website.

The M Sport isn't £15,000 more than the SE.

If you look across the whole BMW range the difference between SE and M Sport spec is about 10%.

If that's the case with the 650i then it means the 650i M Sport will be £74k. As I have said, I think it is too expensive, but it is still £8k less than is being said in this thread and only now are you saying it was a specced up model! It's too much money and it's silly, but £82,000 is not £74,000....

The 550i SE STD and 550i MS are £3K different before extras, anyway I will give these guys a ring tomorrow and see what sort of cock up they have made, however £74K is way over priced in it's self, there is nothing new there. It was the convertible the guy just told me on the phone, so I guess that could be what I left off.

Edited by Golfer

The M Sport isn't £15,000 more than the SE.

If you look across the whole BMW range the difference between SE and M Sport spec is about 10%.

If that's the case with the 650i then it means the 650i M Sport will be £74k. As I have said, I think it is too expensive, but it is still £8k less than is being said in this thread and only now are you saying it was a specced up model! It's too much money and it's silly, but £82,000 is not £74,000....

Laugh this one off, I just specced up the Convertible @ £88345.00 go check it out.

I could spec a Mondeo up a ridiculous price too, I don't quite get what you're saying.

I could do the same with a Jag, Audi, Saab, whatever.

Add everything and guess what - the total is high.:grin:

I'm not defending the price, I think it's too much, but you're beginning to sound like you want to apply for a job as a reporter for The Sun. After all, if a bloke stops an OAP in the street and asks her for the time, it sounds like you'd say he kicked the crap out of her before, nicked her watch and shagged her for good measure.:roflmao:

I just don't quite understand.:confused:

I could spec a Mondeo up a ridiculous price too, I don't quite get what you're saying.

I could do the same with a Jag, Audi, Saab, whatever.

Add everything and guess what - the total is high.:grin:

I'm not defending the price, I think it's too much, but you're beginning to sound like you want to apply for a job as a reporter for The Sun. After all, if a bloke stops an OAP in the street and asks her for the time, it sounds like you'd say he kicked the crap out of her before, nicked her watch and shagged her for good measure.:roflmao:

I just don't quite understand.:confused:

The STD Price is £73430.00 for this car without the on the road additions never mind extras :)

PS) the sun turned me down, telegraph made a good offer though.

All I have done is report the silly prices.

Edited by Golfer

Laugh this one off, I just specced up the Convertible @ £88345.00 go check it out.

You're not trying; I'm at £91,825 for a 650iSE Convertible, which doesn't include a wind deflector (another £290 :roflmao:), and with another 10 possible boxes to tick as well :grin: Hopefully some of what I've chosen would be standard on an M Sport :cool:

You'd think (hope?) that a dealer would let you know thd 'base' price, and up-sell you from there with the options though, rather than hit you with the fully (or should that be partially @ £82k ;)) loaded price :confused:

Peter

You're not trying; I'm at £91,825 for a 650iSE Convertible, which doesn't include a wind deflector (another £290 :roflmao:), and with another 10 possible boxes to tick as well :grin: Hopefully some of what I've chosen would be standard on an M Sport :cool:

You'd think (hope?) that a dealer would let you know thd 'base' price, and up-sell you from there with the options though, rather than hit you with the fully (or should that be partially @ £82k ;)) loaded price :confused:

Peter

This point of "Price" was what I was trying to make, BMW have got MAD, my 550i M Sport now with changes to pricing and VAT is £64300.00.

:confused:

Do many folk buy cars outright now though ? For most, it's a downpayment and if a Manufacturer is offering cheap Finance, it's effectively a three year rental thereafter on roughly 50% of the List Price ?

Err...I do......I`v even discussed the pros/cons of financing a car with my accountant(personal use/not business)....and everytime we did the sums it was cheaper just to hand over the cash....Having said that I read about a finance deal recently were your given a 2k discount on the car if you take out a loan.....and having read the small print you can pay off the loan after 3 months without any penalty payments.....This discount was in addition to any other discount negotiated with the dealer......If only this offer had been available when I bought my last car.....I should add that the offer was on Cars in the 40k+ price range.

However....when financing expensive equipment for work....leasing is the norm.....and even with cash in the bank the accountant always advises finance/lease.

Edited by Mr Man

Err...I do......I`v even discussed the pros/cons of financing a car with my accountant(personal use/not business)....and everytime we did the sums it was cheaper just to hand over the cash....Having said that I read about a finance deal recently were your given a 2k discount on the car if you take out a loan.....and having read the small print you can pay off the loan after 3 months without any penalty payments.....This discount was in addition to any other discount negotiated with the dealer......If only this offer had been available when I bought my last car.....I should add that the offer was on Cars in the 40k+ price range.

However....when financing expensive equipment for work....leasing is the norm.....and even with cash in the bank the accountant always advises finance/lease.

I buy all my cars "Outright" too, I do not want finance on private purchases thanks. I understand others may "have to though".

I thought the general rule when financing very expensive cars (6 figures plus) was that most of them where on finance?

The cost of finance was outweighed by the returns in investing the cash (in an MPs back pocket)?

6 figures is 100,000+ we are talking 5 figures here. However each to his own if you have the money and don't want to pay interest then just buy it IMO.