V6 Growl No More...

Cuprabob

After 5 years of loving the V6 growl I've decided to call it a day. I do a reasonably high mileage and I'm fed up lining the chancellors pockets with the fuel duty and the £425 road tax.

78K miles of R32 ownership hasn't been painless but it has been very enjoyable.

So last weekend, after some careful consideration, I decided to sacrifice performance for economy and ordered a Scirocco 170 Diesel in Rising Blue, £110 VED and 50+mpg.

On the bright side, if you remap the 'Rocco, it'll probably be faster than the R32!

Won't sound as nice though.

Something that hasn't escaped my notice.

Also the torque figure of the 170 diesel is equal to that of the Rocco R and higher than the R32 which should make it quick for real life driving as opposed to pub stats

Id have a Rocco over a 32.....defo more torque...although im not into the price on a decent set of boots for them.

BUT you got a good car there so far i have not had anything major go wrong with them at all just servicing and the odd software update. Good on you!!!!

Id have a Rocco over a 32.....defo more torque...although im not into the price on a decent set of boots for them.

BUT you got a good car there so far i have not had anything major go wrong with them at all just servicing and the odd software update. Good on you!!!!

Thanks and good to know there are no major issues with them.

VW had to replace the engine last year on the R32 due to a porous block which I was reliably informed was noted in a technical bulletin that a small number of BUB engines around 2006 were at risk. Didn't cost me anything other than stress and hassle.

Savings made on road tax alone will pay for the 19" boots