Audi RS4 quattro GmbH hardback brochure *rare*

Riz

Somewhere in our house is a book on the first generation Mazda MX-5, signed by the designer.

It was given to me by the Mazda dealer where I bought my MX-5 from. He said there were only 500 published, but I've no idea if that's right or not. This one was signed by the designer at the Motor Show that the MX-5 was launched at, supposedly. You've just made me think it might be worth a bob or two in a few years.

p.s. I've also got the official BMW hard book (much like the RS4 one above) for the launch of the 6 series. The dealer gave it to me with the car. It has a DVD in the cover too and it's quite neat. I'll have to dig that out for when I change the car in about 30 years time at the rate MrsMe is allocating money to projects.:roflmao:

I think there is definitely demand of items of this nature.... already at £60 :D

Riz :)

I've got one too, Riz. A present from the Dealer at Delivery and then a lovely Microfibre cloth arrived from Audi UK in a tin along with an intro DVD !!

Busby, if it is any consolation my parents once did something much worse.

They had a pair of ornaments that were military figures (of a type I can't remember precisely). They'd belonged to my fathers great-great-grandmother. They sat in a cupboard in our house for years and when we moved they took them to a local antiques dealer (thats debateable actually, he was more of an Arthur Daley type) who promptly said they were junk and offered them £20 for the pair. They took that (this was in about 1984-5) and thought nothing more of it.

About 3 months later (maybe more) they were in Harrogate on a day out and spotted an identical pair in an very posh antiques dealers. They went in because of the price that was on them and asked the guy about them. He told them what they were (and I'm sorry but I don't know what he said) and they told him they'd sold a pair just the same for £20 recently.

He asked who to.

You've guessed it.:roflmao:

The dealer had bought them from 'Arthur' shortly after they'd sold them to him. They only difference was that he gave 'Arthur' £2,000 for them and had them in his window at £3,500.

The only consolation to all of this is that in a very rare moment of temper (they weren't wealthy people, far from it) my father went to 'Arthur' the following day and punched him without saying a word. The cheeky git got back up off the floor of his shop laughing and said he'd done nothing wrong and they should be more careful in future.

The sad thing is, he was of course right.