VW Mk 6 GTi Bluetooth questions

Gareth

We have just had a Mk 6 GTi delivered and it has (unknown to me or the supplying dealer!!) the factory fitted Bluetooth telephone option that works via the RCD510 touch screen system.

Wonder if anyone can help with a couple of questions in relation to using a Black Berry Bold (new 9780) with this system?

Questions are;

1. It would appear that when connected to the car the Blackberry services are disconnected - therefore no mails can be received whilst paired to the car (?)

2. The VW "SAP" system seems to over rule the other functions of the handset and cannot access mails/texts/contacts from handset when connected to the Bluetooth car system.

3. Once you have downloaded the Telephone book it only appears to pick up the SIM contacts and not the Handset ones? Do you therefore do you have to go through all the current "live" contacts to add, or then delete the old SIM ones no longer required?

Thanks for any help here as I don't expect to get much assistance from the dealer on this one......

cheers

Thanks tidydubs.

Update - having found a way to make the bluetooth work for a week with my BB 9780 it has today given up the ghost. It worked in the car (with that handset) for a week and then ceased today despite all my attempts. Also took it into the VW dealer locally and they see this all the time.....car works fine at first and then the BT side of decides it doesn't like the handset (HTC/i-phone/BB etc) and ceases to work full stop.

Of course VW UK will blame the handset or it's software whilst the dealer has no clue full stop. Somehow the same (newish) BB worked just fine with a 7 year old X5 but cannot work with a 1 year old golf Gti.....madness!

Waiting for VW UK to call me back and see if there is a software upgrade................

Thanks tidydubs.

Update - having found a way to make the bluetooth work for a week with my BB 9780 it has today given up the ghost. It worked in the car (with that handset) for a week and then ceased today despite all my attempts. Also took it into the VW dealer locally and they see this all the time.....car works fine at first and then the BT side of decides it doesn't like the handset (HTC/i-phone/BB etc) and ceases to work full stop.

Of course VW UK will blame the handset or it's software whilst the dealer has no clue full stop. Somehow the same (newish) BB worked just fine with a 7 year old X5 but cannot work with a 1 year old golf Gti.....madness!

Waiting for VW UK to call me back and see if there is a software upgrade................

This option is a complete waste of time on a VW, have it on my Golf R, and it is utter shite..........I optioned it, on the basis it would be the same as the Audi system, which is the best in the business IMHO, fabulous bit of kit,works with any phone no fuss, no probs, the VW kit is absolute rubbish and will not pair or connect with any phone I have tried,utter and absolute pants.......complete waste of money