Factory Production Confirmed - New Golf R

TP27

Just had the call - the Factory Build of my new Golf R will be next week and I should have the car at the beginning of June !!

It's been a long wait but actually quite looking forward to receiving the car. Should look the business !! :eclipse: TP.

post-3262-13791446709_thumb.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news and the waiting for you is almost over. Great looking car and nice and rare at the moment, unlike R32s which are now on the chav radar.

I'm awaiting the factory to confirm my order for my Rocco and until they do I keeping thinking I should go for another R

Have to say, I don't think it's fair to say the original R32 is now on the chav radar.

Yeah, there's loads of TDi's with R32 bodykits on them being driven about and further modded by barry's and chavs, but without exception, every genuine R32 I see appears to be well looked after, and not barried up at all.

They seem to attract genuine enthusiasts, rather than your boy racer types, who just seem to buy old Evo's and Scooby's these days.

Just had the call - the Factory Build of my new Golf R will be next week and I should have the car at the beginning of June !!

It's been a long wait but actually quite looking forward to receiving the car. Should look the business !! :eclipse: TP.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43216[/ATTACH]

Hate to rain on your parade drove one last week

My comment is based my recent experiences on the R32OC forum however, on the whole I agree with you
Oh dear.... well I hardly spend much time on the forums, just got back into photography so really on photo forums at the moment.

My R32 is non-chav'd :D

Riz :)

Must admit I don't see many chavved R32's in these parts. Most seem very well cared for and original.

The chav-the-performance-car badges seem to go the way of Golf GTi's and A4's of many varieties around here. Lots of stupidly badged RS4's with diesel engines for a start. They are outnumbered by Imprezas of course, with the odd Evo for good measure, all wearing more badges than the rest put together and with mud flaps that would cover a small house.

• 2 weeks later...
Let us know when it lands TP27 and what your first impressions are.

Soulboy, you know as well as I do, TP is not going to be disappointed.....................The R is a cracking bit of kit, and dynamically superior to an R32 in all ways.............the sound track isnt bad either!

Let us know when it lands TP27 and what your first impressions are.

It'll be off the Transporter tomorrow - just been in to drop off the R32 and am the proud driver now of a Golf Plus TDi until Saturday - one last fly in the ointment is DVLA (please send my Retention Document for my Private Plate asap) !! :eclipse: