Should I buy a Bettle

wakman

Hello

I would love to hear from Beetle owners. My wife wants a Bettle and i am not too sure or know anything about the car.

I was woundering if anyone has had one and what are the cars goos point and bad. Any nigly problems things like.

If anyone can share some thought it would be appriciated.

Wakman

Hmmm...... I'd advise your wife to avoid Bettle.... especially Bettle Juice.

However... a VW Beetle is a good car, depending what year you're looking at...

Why what year is good ?

Thanks for reading and replying

Looking to spend about 3 k on a new shaped one i have a budget. Just woundering what people thougths are.

I know you can get 1.4 or 1.6 and 2.0 engines which are best people have said that 2.0 does not get much mpg so between the 4 and 6

What I learnt today is that the VW Beetle (2000 shape) develops 79kg of lift at the front and 99kg lift at the rear at 90mph. Add a 70mph gust of headwind and that rises to 226kg at front and 284kg rear, totally 510kg of lift - high speed cornering in windy conditions are not reccomended +++

Looking to spend about 3 k on a new shaped one i have a budget. Just woundering what people thougths are.

I know you can get 1.4 or 1.6 and 2.0 engines which are best people have said that 2.0 does not get much mpg so between the 4 and 6

Dude.......save some more spondoolicks and plug for the PD version. Tin top or Cabriolet? Cabs dont leak very much at all. Not had very many probs with them really. Reliable too or go for the cheaper to run 1.4 16 valve unit......1.6 8 valve and 2.0 litre 8 valves are DOGS!!!! take it form some one that knows woking on them day in day out. 1.8 turbo avoid unless full service history, get expensive with the costly rebuilds.V5 avoid totally not even as a gift! +++

Edited by TIDYDUBS

Ive owned 1.6, 1.8t, 1.9td and 2.0 Beetles and id have a 1.9 or 1.8 if i were to have another the td being my preference as the engine is pretty good and returns good mpg. Car handles better than mk4 golf for some odd reason and my modded beetle was good fun.

Word of caution though if you have kids as many of the high back seats do not fit in the rear of the nb, they foul on the c-pillar. Also look out for damage to the cills as lots of dealers (main dealers included) have bent nb cills lifting the cars incorrectly and its not an attractive look.

What I learnt today is that the VW Beetle (2000 shape) develops 79kg of lift at the front and 99kg lift at the rear at 90mph. Add a 70mph gust of headwind and that rises to 226kg at front and 284kg rear, totally 510kg of lift - high speed cornering in windy conditions are not reccomended +++

You nerd........:roflmao:+++

you didn't look up Bettle Juice on Urban Dictionary then... lol

• 10 months later...
Guest kendraV

I am a fan of any Volkswagen car! Volkswagen stands for simple, dull and safe design. Bettle is nice but I also like 'Up Yours!'. It's amazing! Volkswagen unveiled variations of its brand new three-door supermini shed, the “Up yours!” at the Frankfurt Motor Show last fall. It will be showing four new versions of the “Up Yours!” in the coming week at the Geneva Motor Show.

Edited by bazza_g

II am a fan of any Volkswagen car! Volkswagen stands for simple, dull and safe design. Bettle is nice but I also like 'Up Yours!'. It's amazing! Volkswagen unveiled variations of its brand new three-door supermini shed, the “Up yours!” at the Frankfurt Motor Show last fall. It will be showing four new versions of the “Up Yours!” in the coming week at the Geneva Motor Show.

1st post- Might you work for VW in marketing ?

Edited by bazza_g