RS3: Have you ordered one? Have you received a build date?

ashleywater

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Eldavo says, how under-whelming is that?

Not impressed at all. If anything I thought it'd look much better in the flesh - apparently not.

Personal opinion though and I hope you all enjoy your purchases, because that's all that matters - but I do have one question.....have any of you actually driven one? Surely no-one has just gone and spent a huge amount of money on an A3 without actually driving one?

I agree totally MrMe, but you just have to order and then decline to take allocation if the car does not live up to expectations, that is the only way in this particular scenario you can guarantee, you get a car to your own required specification, as you quite rightly say for the sums of money involved, you would want you own particular specification, not someone elses

As Eldavo says, how under-whelming is that?

Not impressed at all. If anything I thought it'd look much better in the flesh - apparently not.

Personal opinion though and I hope you all enjoy your purchases, because that's all that matters - but I do have one question.....have any of you actually driven one? Surely no-one has just gone and spent a huge amount of money on an A3 without actually driving one?

I often buy Cars without a test drive placed a deposit on a GT-R before I even saw one best £50K I've ever spent and had the thrill of being one of the first UK Cars + sold it 3 Months later for roughly what I paid +++

I agree totally MrMe, but you just have to order and then decline to take allocation if the car does not live up to expectations, that is the only way in this particular scenario you can guarantee, you get a car to your own required specification, as you quite rightly say for the sums of money involved, you would want you own particular specification, not someone elses

That's a fair enough point if you can decline allocation.+++

That's something I will NEVER do.

I have to admit I bought my first R32 without having driven one, why you might ask... well I have driven a standard MK4 Golf plenty of times and loved the handling/chassis so anything as good or better than the standard MK4 Golf I would have been comfortable with. :D

Riz :)

I have to admit I bought my first R32 without having driven one, why you might ask... well I have driven a standard MK4 Golf plenty of times and loved the handling/chassis so anything as good or better than the standard MK4 Golf I would have been comfortable with. :D

Riz :)

I`ll join the roll call of shame as well...I bought a Mk2 Toyota MR2 GT in 1990 without having driven one....I`d previously owned a mk1 MR2 and loved it.....I regreted buying the mk2 version.....not because I had`t tested one first...but fate intervened and it turned out to be the wrong car for me at the time...chopped it in after 18 months for a Celica GT4.

had this from dealer but still no build date ??

any one else any news ???

lets hope we start to see some in uk soon !!

"We appreciate the challenges that Centres are facing due to the lack of information on this model, please be assured that we are doing everything possible to obtain updates from the factory.

Allocation and production

We currently have 500 confirmed build slots for RS 3 Sportback.

We have requested additional allocation from Audi AG, but have not received confirmation that this request can be accommodated.

Please therefore note the following important information with effect from Thursday 19 May:

• Any existing Centre showroom or stock vehicles which have not been converted to customer orders will be deleted from SLI.
  • Centres may continue to place new customer orders until the close of business.
  • RS 3 Sportback will be removed from ordering on Sli overnight.
  • Any order amendments after this date will need to be requested through the Sales Office.

As and when we receive confirmation that additional UK allocation has been granted, a Desktop bulletin will be sent and the model will be released for ordering again on SLI.

We anticipate a surge in interest after the UK Press launch when the first road test reports are published. Until we have confirmation that additional volume is secured, we would suggest that Centres do not take customer deposits, but register customer details via the Audi UK Register of Interest at Audi Register of Interest System :: Login. Vehicles would then be allocated in date of interest order as per the normal process.

Build weeks

Wherever possible, we have entered a required build week for every RS 3 Sportback into SLi. As per the usual RS process, vehicles have been allocated in date of deposit order.

Therefore, if your vehicle shows a visible build week, this is a good indication as to when it will be scheduled for production, although we would suggest 1 month’s flexibility is added when indicating a delivery date to your customers.

If no week is displayed, it is likely that the vehicle has not been scheduled due to the paint colour choice, or because it will be built in 2012.

If exclusive paint has been selected, the vehicle will be scheduled by the factory in due course, so please continue to monitor SLi for any update.

If Suzuka grey paint has been selected, this colour will not be released by the factory until week 26, so cars will not schedule until after that date. Build weeks should be visible after this time.

For all other orders with no week, it is likely that the vehicle will be scheduled for build in 2012.

We will not receive a production plan for next year until Q4/2011, but if you would like an indication of delivery in the meantime then please contact the team via [email protected].

Deliveries

We anticipate that approximately 200 Centre and customer vehicles will be delivered in 2011, with the remaining 300 customer cars being delivered in 2012.

First customer deliveries will commence in very limited numbers towards the end of July.

Launch events

The UK Press launch will commence on Monday 6 June.

There is no planned Centre launch for this model.

Centre demonstrator vehicles

Any physical Centre demonstrator vehicles will be held at Port and not released for delivery until the Press launch has ended.

Please note that Centres are not permitted to sell their Market Introduction demonstrator vehicles to customers until they are 3 months old.

Hi Robbie, I placed my order on opening day of order book and was originally told I would get the car in June however this has now been put back to November.

Thanks for the info. By official order book opening do you mean 10th January? I placed deposit in December and have been advised build week 49 which is somewhat frustrating as it sounds like some orders places later are due to be delivered earlier. My dealer has been next to useless with updates and cannot even confirm when they will receive their demo car (which seems pointless as all of the production allocation for the UK is sold).

This is my first Audi, having chosen the rs3 over a BMW 1m coupe due to the practicality issue and having a child on the way. I am starting to think it will e my last Audi too, so let's hope it is a damn good drive.

let's hope it is a damn good drive.

This whole thread is a real eye opener for me and that comment is why (coupled with the others). I had absolutely no idea so many car enthusiasts would spend this sort of money on a car they'd never driven. I genuinely hope they all turn out to be positive reviews.+++

This whole thread is a real eye opener for me and that comment is why (coupled with the others). I had absolutely no idea so many car enthusiasts would spend this sort of money on a car they'd never driven. I genuinely hope they all turn out to be positive reviews.+++

So do I. At least I now have (hopefully) the opportunity to test one and walk away if it is a barge. However after two years of putting up with the skittish and sometimes dangerous handling of a 335i coupe I think the rs3 will be a welcome change.

However after two years of putting up with the skittish and sometimes dangerous handling of a 335i coupe I think the rs3 will be a welcome change.

That apparently is what makes Beemers a so called "Drivers Car" you stain your pants a lot if the road conditions are not ideal.............. where as of course the Audi driving experience is totally boring, coz your pants tend not to go the dry cleaners as often...........I see JC is havin another pop at so called "Audi drivers" attending Ascot races.........this from a man who has suddenly decided that Porsche 911's are suddenly now his cup of tea...............all I can think is that those rumours of infidelity are starting to ring true...........He's become Mid Life Crisis Man.

I will drive the demo RS3 and make my decision from there, if it is not up to the mark, then I will be simply walking away

So do I. At least I now have (hopefully) the opportunity to test one and walk away if it is a barge. However after two years of putting up with the skittish and sometimes dangerous handling of a 335i coupe I think the rs3 will be a welcome change.

Sounds like the runflats aren't helping. Mine was loads better after they got changed.

Have to say despite the cost the RS3 certainly sounds good, worth the money alone. +++

You can either drive, or you can't. It's not difficult to separate the men from the boys.:grin::bike:

Drivers make cars feel unstable. Fact.

Very true MrMe,

Just call me "Junior" I am a crap driver so I tend to buy 4WD vehicles............my days of lairy RWD with live axles is long over.......