RS3: Have you ordered one? Have you received a build date?

ashleywater

Thanks ahankins, appreciate it, see where your coming from on trawling the cancelled orders side of things,something I would probably have considered, but the fact that I might not have got colour and preferred spec, put me off somewhat, so getting a test drive, prior to car landing is really important, thanks again

I understand that Newbury are do to get their demonstrator this week, though when it will be PDI'd etc etc I'm not sure.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grin:

Maybe it's the colour.

I suppose it's fine for old school RS/S fans who preferred the q car approach - because they certainly ain't gonna get noticed in this.

Trouble is, today's Audi fans don't seem to be that subtle. They want 20" rims, gaping air dams and blingtastic fairylights. I predict many RS3s will be quickly adorned with garish bodykits and alloys to bling them up. Innit.

:grin:

Maybe it's the colour.

I suppose it's fine for old school RS/S fans who preferred the q car approach - because they certainly ain't gonna get noticed in this.QUOTE]

Exactly my what I am looking for, I do not want to be noticed, and for £40K with a 5 year warranty, I get the best bang for buck out there,performance wise.

That being said, if the test drive is a negative one, then I will be cancelling my order.........

That being said, if the test drive is a negative one, then I will be cancelling my order.........

When I bought my RS4, I really went to the Dealership to look at the S5 (just being launched) !! The Test Drive put me straight to the RS4 - just had to get it out of my system and much as it was an expensive experience, I've done the Audi RS bit and it'll be interesting to see how the land lies after you've A) seen the RS3 in the flesh and B) driven one too !! :grin:

for £40K with a 5 year warranty, I get the best bang for buck out there,performance wise.

Err, no you don't, not even close, no matter what our personal opinions of the car, one thing that you simply cannot claim is the bang for bucks, there are so many other cars out there, brand new, that are quicker and cheaper.

Since when did Audi give you a five year warranty?

Err, no you don't, not even close, no matter what our personal opinions of the car, one thing that you simply cannot claim is the bang for bucks, there are so many other cars out there, brand new, that are quicker and cheaper.

Since when did Audi give you a five year warranty?

Okay Tipex, please name a few for my benefit, coz if we are talking purely performance here, excuse my ignorance, but nothing actually springs to mind?

Scooby & Evos dont count, as they are the epitome of "in yer face" and have the cabin quality of a plastic recycling skip, besides which being heavy on Fuel, Beeswax and residuals that drop faster than a greasy turd...........

Okay Tipex, please name a few for my benefit, coz if we are talking purely performance here, excuse my ignorance, but nothing actually springs to mind?

Scooby & Evos dont count, as they are the epitome of "in yer face" and have the cabin quality of a plastic recycling skip, besides which being heavy on Fuel, Beeswax and residuals that drop faster than a greasy turd...........

+1 I've actually asked the same question on other forums and as I need auto/semi auto as well I haven't found anyone who can come up with anything new for under £40K

See now your making yourself look silly, your clearly discounting the Scoobies and Evo's because you know full well they beat your 'bang for buck' analogy by a million miles.

So that's two for starters, then there's the 1M coupe, base price almost the same, 100 times better car.

Base 1M come in at £41k and is a 2011 UK run of under 500, if I had the wedge I'd be 10000000000 times morely likely to waste it on the BMW.

That Audi is a dog, get a 2 year old RS4 or RS6 Avant if the circles are that important

Sat/Nav £2K extra on the M (std on RS3) + no DCT (which would increase the price by about another £1.5K if it was an option)

See now your making yourself look silly, your clearly discounting the Scoobies and Evo's because you know full well they beat your 'bang for buck' analogy by a million miles.

So that's two for starters, then there's the 1M coupe, base price almost the same, 100 times better car.

I've had a couple of EVO X 330 SSTs and yes they probably would be close on performance but returning less than 20 mpg, top RFL and inferior build quality

Also the 330 X was priced at nearly £39K before Mitsubishi reduced them last year by over £5K as they had so many sitting at Portlbury docks so any new EVO X registered new will have been sitting around for over two years

Edited by Real Thing

Based on what? Have you driven them both? Are people not allowed to form their own opinions and make their own decisions?

You don't like Audi, fine. I don't like Kia, why should anyone else care?

Latest Subaru WRX STI lists at (a frankly extortionate) £32k ish. For that you get most fo the kit you could ask for as standard (but there are bound to be a few things on the Audi option list that aren't available on the STI). With the current free power upgrade, it give 320PS and aroud 4.5 to 60. It will handle like a Subaru not an Audi, and I suspect is a few kg lighter. Point to point on UK roads, there would be very little in it.

So that's one car for effectively £10k less (once you've added a couple of essentials to the RS3 spec) that gives equal bang for less buck. Granted there isn't a massive crossover between Audi and Subaru ownership - although I'm sure some on here would be surprised how many disaffected Audi owners have come to Subaru and stayed ... usually in the more boring 4wd estate sector.

The thing is, in terms of outright bang for your buck, there's very little practical difference once you get towards the 300bhp mark. And I can guarantee that nobody who buys an RS3 will be doing so purely on performance.

Base 1M come in at £41k and is a 2011 UK run of under 500, if I had the wedge I'd be 10000000000 times morely likely to waste it on the BMW.

That Audi is a dog, get a 2 year old RS4 or RS6 Avant if the circles are that important

Badge not an issue, although stealer back up is a huge plus........I dont want a lairy RWD that would result in me trimming all verges and pruming all the hedgerows in my area, a distinct possibility with a 1Mower, I dont really get your observation as the RS3 being a dog,if you have never actually driven one, I might well agree with you after taking a test drive,but will not comment till then.

Based on what? Have you driven them both?

Based on the fact the RS3 is based on a design and chassis that is so far out of date it's not even funny, likewise the interior is hugely dated and sprinkled with cheap shiny silver plastic bits, and nothing like the latest crop of Audi's, I don't need to drive either of them to see that, sitting in them told me enough.

Are people not allowed to form their own opinions and make their own decisions?

You don't like Audi, fine. I don't like Kia, why should anyone else care?

Of course people are allowed their own opinions, what an utterly retarded statement to put on a public forum? am I not allowed my opinion? is this not a public forum? would you rather it was full of people w@nking themselves silly over a particular brand and never even considering that, shock horror, there might just be something else out there that isn't their favourite brand, and that not everyone looks at them driving past and thinks, wow, he must be successful/rich/cool (insert typical Audi drivers pretentious purchasing requirements here), and that some people might think, wow, he's wasted a shed load of cash on that, he could have done so much better, what a mug.

Do you not think it'd get a bit boring if no one said, actually, I don't like that.

Edited by Tipex

Of course, have an opinion, the world would be dull if everyone was the same. But at the same time there's no need to ram it down everyone else's throat. I'm sure there are an equal number of folk that think Ford's are a pile of shite, full of plastic yadda yadda.

I still think it's a bit short sighted to say the 1M is 100 times better without driving them both....you never know you might prove yourself to be wrong. Surely the 1 series is not much, if any younger than the A3.

I still think it's a bit short sighted to say the 1M is 100 times better without driving them both....you never know you might prove yourself to be wrong. Surely the 1 series is not much, if any younger than the A3.

Audi A3 dates back to 1996 and is still on the same VW group A platform it was when it was launched.

The BMW 1 series dates back to 2004.