Temperature gauge issue.

TIDYDUBS

Yes my turn now.......i was wondering if anyone or if their are any Audi master techs/techs on here have encountered issues with TT dashpods temperature of fuel gauge?

Temp when cold and ignition on sits on the first mark after 50 straight away, then when warm its nearly in the red!!!!

No issue as im aware with fuel gauge as yet!(fingers crossed on that.

Is it correct that being 2003 falls into the free replacement if you have full retailer history?

Its a 2003 TT 3.2 DSG many toys etc....its a friends car and i was looking at it for him on the side as he did not want Audi looking at it due to the fact they want loads to look at it, plus he trusts me not the last load of sh1te they tried ripping him off for.

I have checked/substituted G62 temp sensor and checked wiring to it all ok. No faults stored....i have a VAS 5052A at my disposal.+++

Checked MVB's all ok as car is not overheating and the climate also tells me also(he is using that as his temp gauge at the moment.)

Carried out the output DTM for dash panel insert.......the temp gauge didnt go all the way back to zero, so im heading toward dash pod or repairing it if i can.....info on repairing the temp gauge rather than shelling out 6 to 800 quid would be greatly appreciated.....regards TidyDubs

• 2 weeks later...

I have this on mine, temp gauge reads 50 at startup and just below red once its warm - i've replaced the sensor 'just in case' and still same issue so had it checked and confirmed the dashpod is faulty. Mine isnt eligab le for free replacement because at 3yrs its had indi servicing since and Audi arent interested - the car runs fine, the ac displace gives you accurate readings so I'm not overly concerned.

For greater detail have a look on tt-forum.co.uk, they'll have advice on where you can get repairs etc - Its a sticky thread in the mk1 TT threads.