Which brake pads for RS4?

RobK

OK thanks chaps, message received and understood! So is there only one type of B7 front pad, or are there any variations? The part number I found was 8E0698151Q.

How easy is changing brake pads anyway, could I do it myself?

Yes, you can DIY. It'll take you about an hour all in if you've not done it before. You'll need a trolley jack and some axle stands (don't do it without these!).

If it's a B7 RS4 brake conversion, yes, there's only one size of pad. Go to GSF car parts rather than Audi or look online, to avoid being screwed on price. OEM quality is what you're after +++

• 2 weeks later...

If you are still considering which pads there is nothin wrong with EBC yellow stuff pads which have wear sensors in them or Ferrodo DS2500 which do not. OEM Pagids are fairly soft, produce a lot of dust which in turn clogs the small for purpose crossdrilled holes and can lead to high heat spots on the dicss which is predominantly what people experience as 'warping'.

I've run yellowstuffs for nearly two years / 30+k miles now on the same set of pads and discs and have had no issues. Bite is as good if not better and better retardation plus less prone to fade.

• 9 months later...

I have just put in Centric Posi-Quiet pads from the States, David Zeckhausen Racing, he recommended these for street use. I was quoted GBP677 for Pagids and the Centrics including P&P USD260 for pads for all four wheels. On the other forums Hawk HPS are popular. Pads are easy to replace on the front, a little more difficult on rears.

Gazzab