xbox360 - 4gb or 250gb?

Waylander

Plan to reward my son with an xbox360 Kinect bundle over summer (prob buy in Aug).

What is the benefit of the 250gb over the 4gb one? I mean what do you actually use the internal storage for?

I still have my old xbox actually as it has XBMC on it and is used as my medial player.

Is there anything similar for the 360 as well?

Finally prices generally seem to be ~£250 for a 250gb console+kinect bundle: par for the course or any good deals out there I should be aware of?

Thanks+++

What is the benefit of the 250gb over the 4gb one? I mean what do you actually use the internal storage for?

You can copy the games to hard drive which makes the loading times much quicker and on makes my Xbox a lot quieter as the DVD drive isn't spinning. You still need to put the DVD into the Xbox (I think, it's been ages since I've used mine) though.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a 250gb xbox today. The cheapest I could find it was 160 online from game. In store it was 170 however they had other deals linked to it I called in today.

Console = £170

£10 off 12 months gold live = £30

£10 off Black Ops = £20

So £220 all in.

• 2 weeks later...
Get a Kinect!

Let me know your gamertag and we'll get some Black Ops going.

I'm up to level 48 now and starting to get a little better. I won a game of FFA last night and finished 2nd and 3rd a few times, but I still don't quite understand the weapons grading. And what is the point of the China Lake? It's useless.

Can you have more than 1 user on the same Live account i.e. is the Live account for an individual or is it for the console?

The PS3 is great, I have my own accoint on that and can play online. However there's no way I'm paying £40/year to have my own xbox account.

I think no would be the answer. We have a PS3 + Black Ops (and I have an account) and we have an xbox + Black Ops.

I can play online on the PS3 for nowt, but I've already shelled out for 1 xbox live 12 months, I'm not shelling out for another if I need my own to play on Black Ops online.

• 3 weeks later...
Just buy a PS3 instead - much better. I owned 2 XBox 360's before my PS3 and I don't think the XBox is a patch on the Sony.

It is my son's prize/present and his call. I gave the option for either and he wants the xbox 360 Kinect.

Have to source it over the next week so it arrives before he gets back!