Corona Rings

AmanToon

Hi I am looking to buy a used 3 series but at what stage did bmw introduce the angel eye/bright rings on the front headlights of the car and is this particular to specific models? sorry I am a newbie! :D

The E92 (Coupe) received the lights in March 2010.

E90 (Saloon) models only have them on higher end models.

EDITED TO ADD: This is across the whole BMW range by the way. Lower end models don't have them except at 7 series level where they all get them. For example, the one way of knowing a 6 series is a 630 from head-on (presuming you can't see the wheels) is that they don't have corona lights, whereas the 645, 650 and M6 do. The same goes for the entry level 5 series, X models and so on. Plus, the scale is calculated. So, whilst all 7 series have them, all but 1 of the 6 series have them, all but 2 of the 5 series have them and all but 3 of the 3 series have them....

Edited by MrMe

Have noticed recently that they must have removed the usual bmw led handbrake and upgraded E92 lights (led rears and much brighter angel eyes).

If you do happen to buy one of the older, orangey-lit models, a set of GP Thunder replacement bulbs can be yours for 20 squids and DIY fitting takes 2 mins. They're much brighter but not as bright as the latest OEM ones which are a bit OTT I think.