BMW Prices All-New 1-Series Hatch from £19,375

Andy_Bangle

The redesigned five-door hatchback will launch with a choice of three diesel and two petrol engines, with on-the-road prices starting from £19,375 for a 116i ES rising to £24,720 for a 120d Urban or a 120d Sport.

There are five available engines at launch, all turbocharged. The petrol lineup includes a 1.6-liter unit delivering 136HP in the 116i for a 0-62mph (100km/h) sprint time of 8.5 seconds and a combined fuel consumption of 49.6mpg UK, and 170HP in the 118i (0-62mph in 7.4 seconds, 47.9mpg UK).

The diesel range comprises of a 2.0-litre turbo diesel available in three flavors with 116HP in the 116d, 143HP in the 118d, and 184HP in the 120d.

All models are rear-wheel drive and available transmissions include a six-speed manual or a new eight-speed automatic.

BMW UK said it expects to sell approximately 20,000 1 Series five-door models in its first full year on sale.

290711bmw-image2.jpg

290711bmw-image1.jpg

290711bmw-image3.jpg

• 2 months later...
Cars are fecking dear these days. Mind you, isn't everything?

Too true, sterling aint worth what it used to be in the world, and the BOE seems to think we need some hefty inflation to write down our huge debts,and to discourage us from spending the money we havnt got, on imported goods, savers are getting Kicked in the gonads, with high inflation and zero returns on their money, well I guess someone has to fund inflation, who needs tax increses,when inflation is the best stealth tax ever devised

I read somewhere the other day, that leading experts n the energy sector are predicting a 5% year on year increase in energy prices for the next twenty years

The original 1 series still is ugly, in it's raw form, but the M-Sport body kit transforms it, and I reckon 99% of all 1-series sold have the kit fitted, I would expect the same effect with the new 1, as seems to be quite common with most BMW's these days, they need the kit.

• 4 weeks later...