Is there any way..............................?

I have a Saab 93 'vert' on a 06 plate.

My question is this......is there any way I can play mp3s through the current music system ?Without having to rely on 'through a radio channel' scenario, which more often than not doesn't work and when it does it gives poor results.

PICT2229-1.jpg

Over the years there's been various solutions.

I've used a couple in the past :

[1] A device the plugs in line with the aerial and that inserts the analogue feed in via a radio frequency. You then just use a radio preset.

[2] A device that transmits on a frequency that you tune in to

[3] The cassette adaptor device - it leaves a cable hanging out which you connect to your player

I'm assumming being an '06 car that it doesn't have a cassette adaptor.

Another thing I did on my B6 S4 was to feed music/satnav instructions into my headunit via connections on the rear of the unit. I did this as the car could be bought with factory satnav and this would connect to the head unit via 3 micro spade connectors. It did need a little box in between so I could set the trigger levels for it to cut in (i.e. lower the music and play the nav instructions and then raise the music again).

You obviously need away of getting the signal into the head unit. Your options depend on what's available.