Nothing handles like a rental - Zandvoort!

theduisbergkid

Styled by Japs, slapped together by Frenchmen, sold to pensioners. That’ll be the Toyota Yaris, the Yaris I collected from Amsterdam airport, on another automotive adventure. How can you possibly have any fun with something with all the appeal of skinny dipping with Michael Barrymore ? It has a weedy 1 litre engine, doors that go ‘spang’ and interior bits that go ‘klak’. Now, a confession: I hadn’t intended to visit Zandvoort, but was in the area and before you could say ‘unlocked perimeter gate’ I was accidentally- on- purpose trundling down the deserted straight hoping I’d guessed the track direction correctly. I was promptly accosted by a woman with a clipboard and did my best ‘confused and painfully polite Englishman abroad’ face, apologised for trespassing, and asked ‘as I’ve got this far already’, and ‘if it’s not too much trouble’, for a lap…

Zandvoort-1.jpg

Read the rest here. :eclipse:

I've just been having a bit of a mooch about bits of the site I haven't looked at before, when I spotted this -

"The most consistent car was a Subaru Legacy Estate, no mods, just new pads and discs all round, decent rubber and a boot full of spares that weren’t needed in the end. A real Q-car and quick despite the 4 fat blokes riding in it, the same 4 fat blokes who wheel-clamped our Gti at 3am and charged many € of adult pay-tv to our room at the Dorint. Thanks."

Bastardo!

What happened to the forum anyway? I was getting on for having the highest post count, which obviously makes me more important, and the authority in any argument.

Them's was Red-Stuff pads, supposedly decent, and only half worn as I had them all checked over before we left, I'll not be buying them again, put it that way. :rolleyes:

Funnily enough, my old Legacy rumbled past me along the seafront the other day, it still looks cool, and that Scorpion exhaust sounds the mutts nuts, man that car could tell some stories!