S4 brushed wing mirrors vandalised

Nerium

Hi guys,

I am absolutely raving that some scumbag decided to break off both my wing mirrors earlier this week and steal them. (Audi S4 2003). They only targeted my car as all other cars in the street are untouched.

Come to ask if anyone can shed some light on how I can get some more. Audi quoted me £960 for both which is a total rip off and nearly gave me a heart attack.

I have searched forums high and low, all the posts on here about them are too old to be any good since vagparts is gone etc.

Does anyone know if any other model mirror fits the S4, such as the S6/RS6 of the same year. (think they are folding but not sure if that will hinder how they fit) or even as a final straw get some nasty A4 ones and coat the casing.

It's frustrated the crap out of me, not only is it causing me additional expense but I can't legally drive my car either.

Cheers for your time.

post-48693-137914473433_thumb.jpg

post-48693-137914473437_thumb.jpg

The S4 ones are aluminium hence they cost a small fortune to replace and they are a target for thieves. You used to be able to get plastic satin effect casings off ebay for around £70 that look very similar although they don't wear as well. Looking at those pictures though, you need complete mirror assemblies :(

You'll struggle to find any genuine ones for sale anywhere as they are very sought after, as you have unfortunately found out.

Yup, struggling like hell to find anything.

I don't understand why they would steal them. They can't be used for anything now as they are broken. The only useful thing is the glass.

I putting it down to some jealous person, disgusting and so low to do this.

Guess I'll have to keep checking ebay.

The glass, fixings etc will be irrelevant to them. What they would've been after were the aluminium casings which they'll be able to salvage and flog for a couple of hundred £ :(

In fact, I'd keep an eye on ebay for a while for any that come up for sale local to you. The stupidity of some thieves is astounding.

Yup, struggling like hell to find anything.

I don't understand why they would steal them. They can't be used for anything now as they are broken. The only useful thing is the glass.

I putting it down to some jealous person, disgusting and so low to do this.

Guess I'll have to keep checking ebay.

hi mate £550 for oem ones here:

OEM Audi A4 S4 B6 [00-04] Chrome Mirror Cap Covers | eBay

and these replica ones for £100. I've had these in past as have a few others. they're not the same exactly but depends how much you give a crap

Audi A4 S4 RS4 B6 B7 Alloy Look Mirror Caps Case Covers | eBay

if you keep scanning ebay regularly the oem ones come up and usually go for a lot less than 550!

guess you need something in a hurry though!

Wow....£550 just for the OEM casing..

Audi told me that the casing and the wing mirror was 1 unit £270+VAT and the glass £130+VAT.

Can't see how the casing is £550 alone.

Cheers for the info though Chav :)

Anyone know how the auto dimming feature works? Would I need to find specific glass for this feature?

Sorry to hear this. If it helps, the 2003 MY B6 S4 used solid alu mirror casings whereas the 2004 MY B6 S4 used painted plastic. Much cheaper. 1997-2004 A6 S6 RS6 casings are shared with the A4 S4 RS4, but the previous B5 generation 1995-2001. Scrappy would be my suggestion, get some mirrors on there and worry about the colour match later. To remove the mirrors properly though I recall you need to take the door card off inside.

Ian_C

I am actually tempted to go down that route, don't get me started on the run of bad luck I have had recently!

Bought a CCTV cam which the Royal Mail has manage to lose in the depot as it was return due to me not being in to collect it.

Bought a wing mirror from eBay and the seller is arguing that I have not made the payment even though it clearly states on my account it has been paid.

I read that the later mirror casings were different and cheaper than the 1st batch they made.

If I were to get my hands on some Electric and heated A4 ones and buy separate casings I think I am still going to miss out on the auto dimming feature, guess I'll just have to suck it up.

I think I would get the plastic versions & have them painted to match the car as replacements as not only chepaer, but being a bit more discreet, less likely to get stolen again, or good tip from Ian on plastic silver ones if staying with the S4 look.