vw injector fault

chody

hi all new to the forum i own a 2007 jetta 2.0tdi 140 sport with aBKD engine ive owned the car for a year now trouble free but have been reading about injector failure on passat and audi a3 models and vw are now apparently replacing all 4 injectors and loom foc on affected cars, so i called customer service but was i feel fobbed off with the fault doesnt affect jetta models was the girls answer although she did give me a refrence number, as i have a pd engined car i feel this is unlikely to be true and was hoping someone on here could give me more info as to whether its all models or just passat and audi a3 models affected thanks and glad to be here

The injector failures are on vehicles with the siemens injection system, your Jetta is Bosch and while the wiring loom may eventually cause you a problem one day, the injectors are different and not part of the current goodwill campaign.

Affected vehicles are PD170 DPF equipped cars and PD140 non DPF BKP code Passats.

thanks for the reply , that makes me feel better, as i already mentioned the dealer i got the car from was a friend of a friend and the first jetta i was supposed to buy had an injector fault and the second had had a wack to the rear suspension and i almost walked away but the jetta was the only car in the class with a big enough boot for my needs

ye its a great car ive had a golf and a couple of a4's the sport suspension is a tad harsh but drives like its on rails and comfortable on long motorway journeys, I almost went for another audi but this was cheaper to insure so that swung it and the mrs liked the b5 audi a4 and i felt the jetta feels similar,I like the german cars.I was looking at a civic as my nephew is the service manager at the local honda dealer but it was to small and briefly looked at the volvo s40 and skoda octavia but most have been taxis round our neck of the woods

Edited by chody
add mor detail

The injector failures are on vehicles with the siemens injection system, your Jetta is Bosch and while the wiring loom may eventually cause you a problem one day, the injectors are different and not part of the current goodwill campaign.

Affected vehicles are PD170 DPF equipped cars and PD140 non DPF BKP code Passats.

It also affects Golf 5's too.......done plenty

• 7 months later...

Hi there, can I ask that in your opinion if the injector blew when the car was driving and went into safe mode ould this commonly (or likely) blow the manifold. I had an injector failure when driving and when the car went for repairs, I had a fauly manifold.

thanks