BMW M5 - Twin-Turbo V8 Engine (video)

Andy_Bangle

45019-bmw-m5-twin-turbo-v8-engine-video-s-la_danse_du_penis.gif

:roflmao:

But now M stands just for marketing.

Shame really. Audi started doing the S-Line (sorry, but that has always been a dire translation - it works in Germany, but not in the UK, IMO - and VW do the R-Line) and BMW started doing the M Sport.

An AWD M car is sacrilege in my eyes.

:roflmao:

Shame really. Audi started doing the S-Line (sorry, but that has always been a dire translation - it works in Germany, but not in the UK, IMO - and VW do the R-Line) and BMW started doing the M Sport.

An AWD M car is sacrilege in my eyes.

Shame but UK weather demands it Mook, we get too much crap weather here to exploit any super cars, and although 4 wheel drive does not "Guarantee" anything, it helps the minds of many.

The key phrase there is "it helps the minds of many".

The actual facts are that the idea you need 4wd in this country - unless you happen to live on a Snowdonian sheep farm - is absolutely ridiculous.

As it happens, because I like Subarus I've had a succession of 4wd drive cars, but in probably 15 years of driving them I can count on the fingers of one hand the occasions I've actually needed the 4wd to get anywhere.

My next car will quite possibly be RWD - and I won't lose a wink of sleep over being snowed in.

As above, the correct tyres will make more of a difference to a car than 4wd ever will.

The only advantage 4wd gives you is accelerating from a standstill, it won't let you corner faster, and it certainly won't let you stop quicker, 4wd doesnt overcome the laws of physics, the only thing keeping a car on the road is the tyres.

All of them with summer tyres though...

There's a point-to-point (read "horse racing") event near us and you've got to laugh at all the twonks that pitch up from Sandbanks in the Range Rovers, X5s and Merc MLs and get stuck - on the grass - because they've got their 20" wheels and low profile summer tyres on.

Always happy to drive past in Mrs Mook's 1.4 diesel polo. No bling, but it goes through anything ;)

Poof! Those are the first thing you turn off :P

I think you'll find, young man, that anyone's sexuality has little to do with their driving :P

Interestingly when we did the Ring taxi this year in the M3s, the driver had everything "off", but you could still feel the wheels being braked individually and the car being corrected - very, very clever stuff +++

That V8 sounds sexy.

But they play the engine soundtrack through the stereo!!

'The Active Sound Design technology specially developed for the new BMW M5 takes its cues from the driving situation at any one time to deliver an accurate reproduction of the engine’s sound through the car’s audio system.

The system’s digital signal processing exchanges data directly with the engine management, allowing it to reflect the engine’s revs and torque, and the car’s speed over the road. The result over a smoothly driven journey is a discreet soundtrack in keeping with the harmonious and assured characteristics of the V8 powerplant. A stamp on the accelerator, meanwhile, prompts an immediate audible response to match the instantaneous – and typically M – burst of power from beneath the bonnet.

In generating its signals, Active Sound Design takes its cues from the firing sequence of the eight-cylinder engine and the frequency range of the exhaust system. This gives the driver an extremely accurate impression of current engine load and an even more intense sensation of the V8’s high-performance characteristics. At the same time the Active Sound Design control unit ensures an even spread of sound across all five seats of the new BMW M5, while observing the legal guidelines governing noise emissions inside and outside the car. The characteristics of the sound produced by the technology also adjust to the engine settings selected by the driver. For example, switching to “Sport” or “Sport+” mode sharpens not only the engine’s responsiveness but also the acoustic experience inside the car.'