A really dumb question!!

I know this question is going to sound so dumb and I'm going to kick myself when someone tells me the answer but...

Having just got my A6 with MMI high, I bought a Iphone cradle and installed it in the center armrest, put the Iphone in and it all went fine, it paired, found the phone book all OK etc but on the screen the section which says 'Directory' is greyed out.

Now this is what most of you will think is the dumb bit - I really haven't got a clue what it means!! What is the Directory and what is it used for? Also, whatever the information is supposed to be in there, how do I get it in there if it's greyed out.

I'm sorry pepe's if this sounds such a basic and dumb question but I'm at a loss on this, any help much appreciated. I'm sure the answer is going to be so basic that I'm going to feel so stupid when I find out what it is. :ffs:

Graham

Graham - the directory is the car's local copy of the telephone list which stays in the car even if the phone isn't connected although it actually depends on how you set the profiles up to some extent.

You can add navigation addresses etc

The manual says :

"After the mobile phone has been connected or the SIM card has been inserted, the directory entries are automatically loaded into the MMI. It may take several minutes to load the entries, depending on how many entries are stored on the mobile phone or SIM card."

Perhaps it just needs more time. My first load took at least 30 mins.

Edited by Scotty

Thanks Craig and Paul for your help, I know understand. I don't think I can have my profile set up correctly as my phone has been in the car all day and nothing has transferred over, also the journey home is about half an hour so I would have thought that would have been enough time to transfer any information. I'll have another look tomorrow and check the profile.

Graham