Most likely to be caught speeding in a...

sayerbloke

Slower cars speed more. Look at the others in the list - the BMW 520d is there but not the 535d.

It's obvious why, if you think about it; in the slower car you need to maintain momentum because if you let the speed drop, you'll have to work to get it back. Driving a more powerful car, you can brake when needed, as you have the confidence that you can pick up the speed again in a few seconds.

2p:

Chavs in Hot hatches are usually in towns where you can't even get to the speed limit and they probably know where all the scameras are as they don't ever leave the local area.

Big saloons and 4x4s are driven in a fast "waft" down the motorways because they are capable of doing so. (It doesn't differentiate where these speeding motorists are caught)

And they're also in a mad dash to pick the kids up from school on time :P

Sorry Patently, but that's a load of tosh.

Even a 20d BMW has more than enough power that you don't have to 'work hard' to build up speed again.

When you're used to a 35d, the 20d is asthmatic. Trust me. :grin:

Seriously, I have found that my speeds generally have dropped as I've bought faster cars. I'll typically cruise on motorways at the same speed, but on roads where you should be constantly changing your speed I'm more relaxed.

I think the simple answer is that there are a hell of a lot more 20d BMW's on the roads than there are 35d BMW's.

I think that may well be a relevent factor +++

The 35ds are driven by bods higher up the food chain

Why, thank you...

(and older........:P)

Oi. :rolleyes:

Patently - that is a dreadful defence! LOL! +++.

:grin: Not a defence, just an explanation.