TO.....CVT?? Multitronic?? Tip Tronic?? or Manual

4MOTION

Dear Members,

I could do with some help, I am looking for a Audi A6, havin ran this idea past one of my friends he mentioned that these cars have a very questionable issue with the gearbox, he could not expand on this further, so i went online and there are many posts and even a website detailing all the issues some of the A6 owners have had and the nightmare costs involved to put this right.

I am looking at Audi a6 2007/2008 onwards and have seen a few i really like, but what do i need to do and keep well away from, if i can have an auto box id like go with it, your views and experiences welcome

thanks

zak

Hi Zak, welcome to TSN.

Not sure aobut the Multronic in the 2007+ models as they 'should' be OK.

However, I would ignore them and go for either the manual or the quattro model with a proper Tiptronic box. You would still be best advised to get the Tip box fluid changed properly, as sometimes (most) they get missed during servicing.

To get the Tip box, you would need to go quattro. The manuals will supply better mpg if that's your game, and the manual in most of the diesels is still pretty flexible.

At that age of car, try to avoid the 2.0 TDi (only 140 BHP) and pretty piss poor mpg. The V6 diesels are fine.

From 2008, they came with the newer 2.0 TDi which is much, much more refined and more economical. Ask us and we'll tell you if you are unsure about which engine is fitted.

All other models - fine and dandy!

Haggle hard on the deal anyway, but let us know before you buy. +++

Good luck!

Hi Cruiser647

Many thanks for your advise, il be sticking with this... there are a few i have seen, i will compile another reply later on and give as much info as i can,

what would your advise be on buying from an auction (BCA) i have one of these near where i live, had a look on their site and there are quite a few which fits my demanding list of must haves ( kidding)

thanks

zak

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, Wanted to just share with you, I am now a very proud owner of a Audi A6, Avant, I'll get some picts up soon. i do have a questions, and probably more to come

Audi a6 2009 avant,

i have what i think is a mmi radio plus, i have bluetooth and phone prep along with fin antenna, in the glovebox i also have a drive with 2 sd card slots and a colour screen.

all controls with a sat nav button just below the gear stick.

i wanted to find out if and what the process was for getting sat nav?

thanks

Zak