Loss Of Power VW Bora 1.9 diesel

carla

Hi Guys

Hope someone can help. My VW Bora has a serious lack of power every now and again it seems to come back if only for a few minutes. I had it put on a diagnostics machine and it gave up an EGR error so the mechanic cleaned this but said that didn't fix the problem and would need replaced. Just wondering if there could be anything else wrong with it seeing as the cleaning of the EGR valve made no difference at all. Have seen some people mention the Air mass meter? Also replaced the air filter but that made no difference either.

Greatful For Any Help Anyone Can give me just don't want to be running back and forward spending money at the mechanics for not to make any difference just wanna get to the root of the problem and get my fast car back :-(

Thanks

Carla

Hi Carla!

Yes, I'd recommend replacing the MAF. It's only a 5/10 minute job and costs about £55 on exchange. I swapped mine outside the VW parts shop and walked the old one back.

However, make sure you get a proper Bosch one. Do not accept any substitutions!

The other thing, might be a split hose which allows air in or out depending upon where it is?

Hi folks

Thanks for the replies. Had the Air Mass Meter unplugged and the car definately ran better still not 100% but abit more life about it than before. So gonna have that replaced and fingers crossed there's nothing else wrong, will keep yas posted.

Cheers Carla