2006 A4 B7 Cab Cam Belt change advice

ryno

[TABLE=width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD]Hi, i'm new here and this is my first post

I have an A4 B7 Cab which has only done 38k but is over 5 years now and apparently due for it's cam belt change. I bought the car a year ago with full main stealer service history and have since had an 'interim' service which was £149 at the local stealer, they didn't throw any extra costs in so all good.

I just called them to ask for a quote for the cam belt and they say it's £429, but recommend getting the pulleys, tensioners and water pump done at the same time (which would bring the cost to £724)

• Cam belt change £429

• Water Pump £135

• £160 Pulleys and Tensioners

What are your thoughts on this? I want to get the cam belt done at the stealers for the stamp on such a major job, but they reckon it's a lot easier to do the pump and tensioners at the same time while they're doing the belt.

Should i just get the cam belt done for now and look for a good non-steeler garage to get the other jobs done?

Cheers!

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

use oem parts but get it down to an indy mate, i got the parts for my vw for 200 and luckily my mate did the work and stamped the book with his garages stamp , i dont think you need a dealer stamp for this work but if you have the receipt to show you used oe parts that will satisfy most buyers.

• 5 weeks later...