Q5 CO2 emissions

jon_bousfield

Hi folks,

Anyone know if or when we might see the newer more efficient diesel engines from the new A4, A5 & A6 ranges in the Q5? Stupid company car policy at work means I can only spend my allowance on something with less than 160. Don't want to sacrifice on the torque or 4WD. Ideally it would be the new 3.0TDI engine but could live with the 2.0TDI. Annoyingly the current 2.0TDI engine is just over at 162.

I've got my 3.0tdi due any day now and i was speaking to my buddy at the audi dealership.

He doesn't reckon there will be changes in the Q5 engine line up soon. The reason I asked was because of the new V6 tdi in the A6 . i asked if this would replace the tdi in the Q5 but he didn't think so.

I think if you want to keep the emissions down then you need to drop a model.. Q3 maybe, or A3 4 door?

Thanks for replys guys. I'll go get myself a copy of Autoexpress to cheer myself up!! If its true there's a facelift coming then seems logical Audi would slip in the new range of engines rather than continuing to manufacture something different. Current 2.0TDI is only just over the 160co2 so not a massive stretch to think the new one might be under. If they put the new 3.0TDI engine in and it was only 149co2 like the new A5/A6 then I'll be first in the queue for one cos I love my current V6 3.0TDI A5!!

• 9 months later...