Audi A5 Coupe 3.0 TDi Quattro Sport

October 2007 (57)

One owner

FSH

Metallic black

98,500 miles

Leather, Nav, blah

Condition is average

I need to know what would be a good price to buy it for (ie considered a good deal). Private sale, no dealers involved. Not me buying, someone else is interested in it and has asked my opinion. I reckon £8-9k it'd be worth it?

New shape A5 just hit the showrooms a few weeks ago, so potentially might not have been reflected in the Parkers price yet.

3.0TDI is a superb car, and quick too.

(on an aside, Audi are currently knocking off £6200 from A5 Cabriolets at the moment if you use their finance - so further depreciating a lot of cars i would have thought).

Well I never.

He's only fecking bought it.

However, our efforts were wasted.

He's paid £7,500 for it.:roflmao:

Now I don't like my Audi's much, nor do I know much about them, but that sounds like a hell of a deal to me!

I'll say this, he knows how to negotiate and he said this guy was clearly desperate for money and wanted £10k for it - so he waved £7,500 in cash in front of him an hour ago and the guy took it on condition he could get the cash checked at the bank as real-notes! He says there are plenty of little scratches on the bumpers, a scuff on the drivers seat, and the car is 'very grubby', but it has full Audi history and is HPI clear.

Booster, he's sent me another text offering me it for £10k.:roflmao:

He said it has 3/4's of a tank of fuel in it too.:roflmao:

These things happen to him. I said £8-9k last night before I posted without knowing much better, so he used that as a gauge, took £10k in cash with him and started at £7,000 but the guy said he needed a bit more - so £500 later he's laughing all the way back home!

DDB to the rescue!

He's not the type of bloke to bother spending £10 on a bottle of polish, never mind pay for a full detail. His idea of a clean car is 'carwash' once a month!

He reckons it drives perfectly and he's been into Tyneside Audi who have confirmed the full history on the car (all stamps were there anyway). Not seen it yet myself but he has spotted a small 'ding' on the passenger door which he says you can only see in a certain light and he's not bothered about.

Surely a clean up before sale and a dealer would have paid more than that?

I said the same but he heard of it last night through a friend who said the guy needed cash - as in needed the cash before Thursday. He's in a bit of a mess financially apparently after losing his job and he's trying secure his house after getting into arrears on it. That's what he's told him anyway.